Inkscape Founder & X.Org Veteran, Bryce Harrington, Rejoins Canonical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prokoudine View Post
    Are you by any chance referring to upcoming Inkscape 1.0 based on GTK3 which has native Wayland support?
    GTK3 should work natively on macOS, I look forward for re-use again Inkscape natively on it, when I have to rush because a tight deadline Inkscape is much more faster than Illustrator for my workflow. The version available on Macports is truly ugly on a 4K monitor.
    Last edited by Danielsan; 13 June 2019, 11:01 AM.

Comment

When is Inkscape ditching the undead GTK2?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        Further proof that you don't see reality, you see what you want to see.

I was just correcting him as I always do. Nothing more, nothing less.
        There's the starshipeleven we all know!

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          There's the starshipeleven we all know!
          Yeah, he was so close.. sooo close to almost being a nice human. lol

Comment

I really like Inkscape, but it bothers me that the Linux builds are far less stable than on Windows (glitchy UI, frequent crashes). I just run the Windows build in Wine for this reason, but also because the UI is more compact, and window/UI states are remembered between sessions.

Looking forward to the next stable release though.

Comment

Originally posted by k1e0x View Post

Yeah, he was so close.. sooo close to almost being a nice human. lol
              foolish mortals

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                Too complex for the average Android device usecase. Most people won't be making professional vector graphics on a smartphone or tablet.

Not being able to draw or make good pictures with any tool (physical or otherwise) does not make you stupid.
                What makes a person stupid, frankly is calling yourself such publicly. It is along the lines of if you think you can’t you will not.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post

GTK3 should work natively on macOS, I look forward for re-use again Inkscape natively on it, when I have to rush because a tight deadline Inkscape is much more faster than Illustrator for my workflow. The version available on Macports is truly ugly on a 4K monitor.
                  Have you tried HomeBrew?

I gave up on MacPorts, if HomeBrew doesn’t have it I would likely download right from the Inkscape site.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post

What makes a person stupid, frankly is calling yourself such publicly. It is along the lines of if you think you can’t you will not.
                    It could also just be bad self-esteem.

Which admittedly does make people act like they are stupid. But it's not a 100% permanent issue, it's sometimes possible to get over it, so it's better I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post

Have you tried HomeBrew?

I gave up on MacPorts, if HomeBrew doesn’t have it I would likely download right from the Inkscape site.
                      Never used Homebrew however the latest version of Inkscape is available only on MacPorts so far.

Comment

Working...
                      X