Debian's Anti-Harassment Team Continues Battling Community Issues In 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leech View Post
    About the ones who are causing all this nonsense, I will quote a great book/movie. “You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”
    LOLOL its the ones pushing back on this that really need to take this to heart

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
      Well, so much for being a software development company, I guess tackling the important issues like one incident of inappropriate language is now more important than making or improving software for debian.

Go debian! Go be a glorious political group! Who ever cared about linux anyways? It's not as important as language filters. Language filters are the new cool.
      Explain your reasoning to the whole class that this means the software doesnt matter small child.

Comment

Originally posted by AccurateVictory View Post
        @BSDisbetter: Or maybe they simply don't care about software.

What is incredible about these SWJ is that they don't even have to provide any data, they can just say it happens.
        WOW, just...WOW. Amazing. Where's your data to support your position lol

Comment

Originally posted by royce View Post
          The truth is that the world of Linux development is full of fat incels with no social skills and questionable morals to people who aren't male and white, hence the codes of conduct. You can identify them easily: they complain on the internet about codes of conduct.
          Perhaps you have more experience than I with foss projects (more than 10), but I've never met these people you presume frequent such projects.

I'm all for you producing facts to back up your baseless arguments, so how about it?

Until then, I'll label you as a snowflake and apologist who generalizes their concept of the world based on their own narrow view of it.

Comment

We found the first one.

Comment

We found the first one.
              Still awaiting those facts.

Comment

They love the usage of big, overly formal language to appear learned, with authority.

Comment

They love the usage of big, overly formal language to appear learned, with authority.
                  Still waiting on those facts; name calling & generalizations just aren't facts.

Facts? Anything? Nope, well it seems we have an SJW where facts are unknown and not required.
                  A known unknown as one famous dude put it...

Comment

Right; never forget how weak it is to support a false argument with lies or delusions. Just everyone support what you believe to be right & true - and things will turn out great. And no, that does not mean keeping your job at all costs!

Comment

The truth is that the world of Linux development is full of fat incels with no social skills and questionable morals to people who aren't male and white, hence the codes of conduct. You can identify them easily: they complain on the internet about codes of conduct.

Which is exactly what you're doing.

Comment

Working...
                      X