Debian's Anti-Harassment Team Continues Battling Community Issues In 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonyrh View Post
    The comments to this article convinced me to never buy phoronix premium. It's time to turn adblock back on instead.
    LoL, "waah waah, I don't like what some people in a forum said, so I'm going to punish the most neutral, fair, and hard-working open source news publisher on the internet in the hope that I can bully people into not speaking their minds."

You've convinced me to give a couple hundred bucks to Michael, to offset your unfair, spineless weasel bullying.

Love will prevail over hate.
    “PayPal — You've donated $200.00 USD to [email]phoronix@phoronix.com[/email]”

Last edited by microcode; 06 June 2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

How ironic - in their attempt to reduce harassment, they provoked quite a bit of it.

Comment

"Linux-On-The-Desktop"? Linux increasing its user share?

Never happen. All the major players, and a lot of the minor ones as well, have too much REAL work to do, such as precisely this shit.

To Hell with cranking out a new version of a distribution which has real advances, all previous bugs fixed, has been thoroughly "Q-A"d, and extensively validation-tested before releasing it as a worthy successor to its predecessor. All that stuff is small potatoes (potatos?) compared to making sure that someone, somewhere doesn't have their ego(s) bruised or their self-image irreparably damaged.

To all you social justice warriors and the room-temperature-IQ idiots and perverts you're advocating for--fuck you! You are all insane.

"The worst damage you can do to an irrational person or entity is to ignore them; they absolutely can't stand that."--anon.

I'm thinking about calling a press conference to announce my "coming out" as a heterosexual white male who is married to a heterosexual white female. I'll keep you informed as to the overwhelming response this will generate.

Comment

Can someone skilled enough explain me what is harrassing in boobs.
          From my own experience (and I practiced them a lot, for science and knowledge of course), I thought that they were exactly the opposite, not to say more.

Was I missing something?
          Or did the opponents of boobs missed something?

Comment

Originally posted by RamaSpaceShip View Post
            From my own experience (and I practiced them a lot, for science and knowledge of course), I thought that they were exactly the opposite, not to say more.

Was I missing something?
            Or did the opponents of boobs missed something?
            Crazies reasons for their ways are unknown even for them.

Comment

Originally posted by RamaSpaceShip View Post
              "boobs" is a nickname for female breasts. Calling female breasts in any other way than the anatomical term seems to be "derogatory" and "harassing" for some people.

Comment

Originally posted by cryptokat View Post
                At first I was skeptical but some comments here justfy an Anti-Harassment Team perfectly. Good job in making a point!
                Yeah, but they only meet up once every two weeks to do anything about anything which, IMHO, defeats the point. I could call someone a "stupid bitch" and then tell that person "go and kill yourself because that will make the world a better place" and it would be 13 days minimum before anything is actually done by the Debian team. In the meantime that person actually offed themselves (consequently making them a stupid bitch). Good job, Debian team -- your drag-ass method means people can die since you're not doing things in a timely manner.

All I'm pointing out is that unless it's done in a proactive manner, 24 hours a day everyday, all it really is is a "we're doing it to feel good and appear moral & PC" situation because they're hardly doing anything at all. Basically, doing an asshole review once every two weeks is fucking retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post

Crazies reasons for their ways are unknown even for them.
                  I don't get it either. Sticking a grenade down someone's throat and blowing their head off is just fine while a single titty popping out is the root of all evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Bsdisbetter View Post

bsdisworse? LOL you're so funny.
                    There's nothing funny. It's sad truth.

Comment

Well this was predictable on so many levels...

Lacking any real issues the diversity police has spent their time tone-policing devs (rather than going after anything objectionable they may have actually said or done), people who can see trough this are obviously having none of it and the usual defenders are here again acting as if the diversity police has achieved anything beyond wasting developers' time.

The fact that the diversity police has been spending their time tone policing developers rather than going after actual objectionable messages and actions by developers would suggest that they're just a solution to a problem that doesn't even exist. Sane management will eventually conclude that their creation was pointless and shut them down, but we'll have to wait and see if they'll do anything of the sort once this becomes obvious enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X