No announcement yet.

Debian's Anti-Harassment Team Continues Battling Community Issues In 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, so much for being a software development company, I guess tackling the important issues like one incident of inappropriate language is now more important than making or improving software for debian.

Go debian! Go be a glorious political group! Who ever cared about linux anyways? It's not as important as language filters. Language filters are the new cool.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
      Well, so much for being a software development company, I guess tackling the important issues like one incident of inappropriate language is now more important than making or improving software for debian.

Go debian! Go be a glorious political group! Who ever cared about linux anyways? It's not as important as language filters. Language filters are the new cool.
      If you read the correspondence about removing weBOOB: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugr...?bug=907199#47

A "Marc Dequènes" was the maintainer, he refused to remove weBOOB stating that this anti-harASSment group were stepping outside their purview, and then he "stepped aside" from the argument because he was sick of them.

He eventually replied to the outcome of banning and removing weBOOB and all the associated fuss by stating it was wrong for this PC group to unilaterally ban something.

A certain "Ian Jackson" (the head PC Snowflake - from the UK, no less, the home of PC insanity!) took umbrage and, to paraphrase, said "We listened to you, we totally disagreed with you, so we went to the FTP 'masters' and asked (read: told) them to remove it - now how dare you say we acted unilaterally when it was the FTP masters that removed it".

It's so funny, my sides hurt reading it.

Comment

Who is Martin Ferrari and who accepted him as debian developer? The process have to be rereviewed and he have to be removed from debian developers.

Comment

Better leave Debian.

Comment

Originally posted by NeptNutz
            I find this continuing saga (Nerds vs. SJWs) amusing.

Normally, when an agitator from "the outside" threatens its large host organism, that organism usually capitulates and throws out antibodies in the hopes of immunizing itself from future assaults.

However, in the case of tragic nerd culture, when a competing agitator seeks to displace said current agitator, that current agitator is biologically free to rebut, avoid, and simply dismiss the pesky aggressor antigen at will.
            I'm not sure you can capitulate and 'throw out anti-bodies' at the same time. I'm also not sure what your point is. Perhaps less of the metaphor (fear of insulting someone?) and more of a direct approach?
            Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by edmon View Post
              Who is Martin Ferrari and who accepted him as debian developer? The process have to be rereviewed and he have to be removed from debian developers.

Interesting he doesn't seem to mention his involvement in this censorship group.

Comment

Originally posted by NeptNutz

"Fuck you and the horse you rode into town."

Is that better?
                Veritably.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
                  I nominate the name "Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity Debian, Directorate of Internal Engoodification" or "DIE Debian DIE".

Keep up the great work!
                  reading that as a German makes no , it sounds like the Debian, the.

Comment

Good reason to stop using Debian. However, it's sad such fucking freaks are ruining great project. All of this crap is sponsored by corporations.

Comment

@bsdisworse, but you're right with other things.

Comment

Working...
                      X