Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arch-Based Antergos Linux Distribution Calls It Quits

Phoronix: Arch-Based Antergos Linux Distribution Calls It Quits

The Arch-based Antergos Linux distribution that aimed to make Arch Linux more accessible to the Linux desktop masses is closing up shop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, this is your time to finally include official Arch Linux in your benchmarks.

Comment

I still prefer the CLI installer Anarchy Linux. Makes things quick and easy and i can leave my system while it's installing. Antergos always had problems with it's installer for me... the temporary install cache failing to work, the installer freezing up and crashing, and forgetting drive settings i selected.

Comment

Oh noooooooo :-( This was my favourite and fastest way to install Arch. Guess I have to use and develop by own script now.

Comment

I'm not much of a fan of Arch (More Gentoo / or BSD) but... this was the best Arch. Was cleaned and polished.

And now their watch has ended..

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
            Oh noooooooo :-( This was my favourite and fastest way to install Arch. Guess I have to use and develop by own script now.
            why not use manjaro, im pretty happy with it

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post

Manjaro is frankenarch.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post

Not as good, IMO.

Comment

Too bad. This was the best Arch based distro.

Comment

Aww . My current distribution, and I simpy love it. Arch is great, but the install process is not. The Antergos installer worked wonderfully and I haven't had a single issue so far. Sad times . Is there any other more-or-less pure arch with installer available? (and no, Manjaro is not a good option imo)

Comment

Working...
                    X