Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outreachy Summer 2019 Participants & Projects Announced

Phoronix: Outreachy Summer 2019 Participants & Projects Announced

In addition to Google announcing the accepted GSoC 2019 summer projects, the Outreachy organization on Monday also announced their accepted participants and projects for this internship effort that encourages women and other under-represented groups in technology to get involved in the open-source movement...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ah yes, let the usual woke nonsense commence again. I'll get the popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post
      Ah yes, let my usual whining about CoC's and Outreachy while contributing nothing else to Phoronix discussion commence again.
      ^You said it.

I'll get the popcorn.
      Don't bother on our account. You're extremely predictable and you lost your entertainment value long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

^You said it.

Don't bother on our account. You're extremely predictable and you lost your entertainment value long ago.
        I am not here to entertain you or anyone else. I dislike the bigotry of low expectations these people spew on a daily basis and I will not stop commenting until they stop. It's absolutely appalling how condescending these people are.
        Last edited by Redfoxmoon; 07 May 2019, 03:52 AM.

Comment

^It's been a while since I've seen that much irony packed into a sentence or two. Now, you're getting me hungry for nachos (I'm not big on popcorn).

Comment

Comment

Would it be legally possible to devise a software licence that would expressly prohibit any involvement of Outreachy?

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
                Would it be legally possible to devise a software licence that would expressly prohibit any involvement of Outreachy?
                It's already done... you would first have to get outreachy to actually be involved in something more meaningful than creating bad colouring books to be able to block their involvement in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

It's already done... you would first have to get outreachy to actually be involved in something more meaningful than creating bad colouring books to be able to block their involvement in the first place.
                  That's one way to put it I guess. Of course far from me the idea of wanting Outreachy to get involved in anything at all, and certainly not colouring books - since my niece loves them, I don't want this demented cult anywhere near anything she touches.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    I identify as the Queen of Great Britain. By the way tomorrow I'm moving into Buckingham Palace and don't anyone dare questioning my Identity (tm) and Lived Experience (tm)!

Comment

Working...
                    X