Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mozilla Had A Rough Night With Add-Ons Getting Disabled Due To An Expired Certificate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Had A Rough Night With Add-Ons Getting Disabled Due To An Expired Certificate

Phoronix: Mozilla Had A Rough Night With Add-Ons Getting Disabled Due To An Expired Certificate

If you are waking up this morning to find all of your Mozilla Firefox add-ons have expired, you are certainly not alone. A major blunder has found users of Firefox finding most add-ons getting disabled...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...s-Cert-Expired

• SamuelDylan
    replied
    I've reinstalled my Firefox and that fixed the problem for me.

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied
    Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Firefox 66.0.4 is available in the Debian Sid repository and installing extensions works.
    I mean even an hour over hundred of thousand of users can be considered a sabotage...

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied
    sabotage...

Leave a comment:

• Cerberus
    replied
    Such incompetence, the issue is still NOT FIXED, this is turning into quite a fiasco for Mozilla.

Leave a comment:

• misGnomer
    replied
    Mozilla Add-ons (Twitter)

We're rolling out a fix for the issues with add-ons right now! It will automatically be applied, so you don't need to take any steps to make add-ons work again & all your data should be unaffected. Again, we're really sorry. More to come soon.

Leave a comment:

• Jumbotron
    replied
    As of today Sunday May 6th, Firefox 66.0.2 on my Samsung phone running Android 8.1 Oreo is still broken. NO addons whatsoever can be added. I will be using Samsung's built in browser with Adguard until Mozilla pulls their head out of their bung holes.

Leave a comment:

• TheCanadianBacon
    replied
    Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
    Oh Noooo, Firefox mobile on Android is now affected as well :-(
    At least in the development version of firefox mobile, I was about to use about:config and set to false this line
    Code:
    xpinstall.signatures.required
    to get extensions working again, it should work in beta I think.

Leave a comment:

• Bsdisbetter
    replied
    Originally posted by Kayote View Post
    are palemoon or waterfox affected or not? I'm using palemoon and seems not, waterfox seems unaffected as well. Remember those guys recommending not using them? Which one is the unsecure browser now? uh?
    Waterfox was fine. Palemoon was also ok too.
    Firefox is ui junk. It's attrocious design.

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    Oh Noooo, Firefox mobile on Android is now affected as well :-(

Leave a comment:

Working...
X