Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mozilla Had A Rough Night With Add-Ons Getting Disabled Due To An Expired Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Had A Rough Night With Add-Ons Getting Disabled Due To An Expired Certificate

Phoronix: Mozilla Had A Rough Night With Add-Ons Getting Disabled Due To An Expired Certificate

If you are waking up this morning to find all of your Mozilla Firefox add-ons have expired, you are certainly not alone. A major blunder has found users of Firefox finding most add-ons getting disabled...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

See also https://discourse.mozilla.org/t/cert...-install/39047
    It seems to be working again for me

Comment

Deserved bad karma. After good Brendan Eich was ostracized by the **** lobby, no moar mozilla stuff on my comupters.
      And now go f... your dinosaur.

Comment

If your firefox hasn't gotten the fix yet, doing the following should trigger firefox to install the hotfix:

Preferences | Privacy and Security | make sure allow firefox to run studies is checked

About:config and make sure that app.normandy.enabled is true and that app.normandy.first_run is true

restart firefox and you should see that your addons are re-enabled.

Comment

Do they only get disabled if you restart Firefox? My Firefox add-ons are still working fine but I haven't restarted in months.

Comment

Ad revenue of Phoronix explodes by 1000%...

Comment

I did not experienced any problems. uBolcok Origin and other extensions worked fine today.

Comment

Already uninstalled Firefox and installed Waterfox in it's place, and it's a wonderful drop-in replacement. There is absolutely no excuse for this.

Comment

Just got my Firefox addons back, had to enable 'Firefox Data Collection and Use' and the suboption 'Allow Firefox to install and run studies' to get the hotfix, (you can disable the options again as soon as you get the update).

I have no idea what is going on over at Mozilla for something like this to happen, first they remove the user option of using unsigned addons and then they can't even keep their certificates updated.

Comment

This is pretty annoying. EVERY extension and theme (image and like 2 colors in a manifest, does this even need a signature that involves waiting for Mozilla's approval?) is disabled for me right now, it hit me somewhat later than others, and I thought it was just a heavy shilling operation (it is, but it's aligned with a major blunder on Mozilla's part). Turns out it isn't, and I've decided to wait for Mozilla to resolve their issue the proper way. It's pretty annoying to not have an ad blocker, and being forced to put up with malware running in my browser (that's what modern ads are).
                    Solutions like Certbot exist, I'm perplexed by the fact that outdated certificates are still a thing.
                    I'm not saying Mozilla is perfect, but at least they're not Google, and their browser is pretty much the only option other than webkit at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X