Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenZFS / ZFS On Linux Is Introducing A Code of Conduct To Encourage New Contributors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Well to me it seems like a pretty decent place to woo a partner.
    I'm not surprised, you are socially awkward after all.

I don't know about your preferences,
    It's not about preferences. A project's mailing list is not the place where you meet and woo people, it's a place where you discuss actual project and code.
    Logic and rationality should be the only contents (ideally).

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    Well how YOU doin? With those nice and strong logical posts of yours. Your git commits make me so horny.
    squash my commits harder, daddy
    Last edited by starshipeleven; 30 April 2019, 10:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Britoid
    replied
    Originally posted by louis_irl View Post
    It's a fine CoC. Why do some people feel the need to think it's a part of some vast ideological conspiracy? It's just there to set ground rules, and they're things reasonable people would already be following anyway. Unless you're being a terrible person, it doesn't effect you.
    No ones arguing no one isn't already following it, the argument is that it might be used offensively because someone said they didn't like someones code etc.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by nils_ View Post
    I think even welcome sexual attention doesn't have a place on official mailing lists, irc channels etc.. The word "unwelcome" is pretty ambiguous in and on itself. Perhaps "stay on-topic" would be sufficient.
    Personally, I would love some sexual attention coming my way. But that's just me.

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    I think it's safe to assume that any sexual attention on the ZoL mailing list is unwelcome.
    How much socially awkward you need to be to actually try to woo a partner over a friggin mailing list.
    Well to me it seems like a pretty decent place to woo a partner.
    I don't know about your preferences, but personally I am not interested in heading to a bar and wooin' tattooed ladies who's hobbies include drinking, smoking and all types of ill shit.
    I am interested in a down-to-earth, well-mannered, soft-spoken lady with shared interests and a strong affinity for computer programming and/or engineering. A lady that I can cuddle with and we can write a software project together. Me, and her — commit together.

Leave a comment:

• louis_irl
    replied
    It's a fine CoC. Why do some people feel the need to think it's a part of some vast ideological conspiracy? It's just there to set ground rules, and they're things reasonable people would already be following anyway. Unless you're being a terrible person, it doesn't effect you.

Leave a comment:

• Ironmask
    replied
    My own CoC simply says in so many words "if it isn't about the project you're banned", the contribution guidelines even sum it up as such. Not sure why that's so difficult to write.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    I think it's safe to assume that any sexual attention on the ZoL mailing list is unwelcome.
    How much socially awkward you need to be to actually try to woo a partner over a friggin mailing list.
    Well how YOU doin? With those nice and strong logical posts of yours. Your git commits make me so horny.

just kidding.

Wait, those emojis don't work...or work too well....

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by nils_ View Post
    I think even welcome sexual attention doesn't have a place on official mailing lists, irc channels etc.. The word "unwelcome" is pretty ambiguous in and on itself. Perhaps "stay on-topic" would be sufficient.

Leave a comment:

• Redfoxmoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Britoid View Post
    I bet there's so many people who don't contribute to ZFS because of its lack of a code of conduct.

Here's a much nicer CoC

but you can't beat people you don't like ideologically with that, duh!

Leave a comment:

• nils_
    replied
    • Unwelcome sexual attention.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X