No announcement yet.

Sam Hartman Is Debian's Newest Project Leader, Aims To "Keep Debian Fun"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Debian because the Social Contract, because it is not just about technology but mainly about community and free-software.

Comment

And here comes the divisiveness...with abbreviations like "SJW" which has very deep roots in right-wing propaganda used to divide groups of people. I don't like the Debian stuff either, but lets not bring the mainstream propaganda, politics and hate into the community eh...

Humans are individuals, they all have different opinions. Get use to it and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Frett View Post
        right-wing propaganda used to divide groups of people..
        To be fair, using the term "right" wing or "left" wing is making a divide much larger than the (often mutual) term of SJW which is generally used these days simply as a label for opinionated time wasters.

That said, I complete agree with you; this propaganda, politics and hate (sometimes masquerading as "different opinions") has no place in any productive and friendly community. Relevant opinions are great; so is constructive criticism; however hate is just pointless :/

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Phoronix, do something for dungeon and other insulting users.
          Well if that's not the pot calling the kettle black. You're one of the biggest offenders here in these forums in that regard. If one looks up "troll" or "reasons for a blocklist" in the dictionary, there'll be a huge picture of you next to it.

But I will second your request. Please Michael, get the blocklists working, so we can block the inane drivel from this user.

Comment

....aaaand Debian keeps chugging into the void of political correctness. good riddance to the day they disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post
              ....aaaand Debian keeps chugging into the void of political correctness. good riddance to the day they disappear.
              You have 100 posts and at least 90 of them whine about CoC, Outreachy, the evil SJW's, etc. How about if you permanently disappear?

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                You have 100 posts and at least 90 of them whine about CoC, Outreachy, the evil SJW's, etc. How about if you permanently disappear?
                Bring on the fascist state!

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
                  Bring on the fascist state!
                  It's a sad reality when people on these forums are so polarizing that I legitimately can't tell if you're serious or not.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

That's very authoritarian of you, kinda ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                      It's a sad reality when people on these forums are so polarizing that I legitimately can't tell if you're serious or not.
                      Very sad truth... wasn't serious, for what it's worth.

Comment

Working...
                      X