No announcement yet.

debianxfce warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topic has nothing to do whatsoever with Gnome or IBM, but just look at this creatures ranting about Gnome and IBM. This is what he does in the entire forum

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Gnome3 user is writing about himself and loosed nerves a long time ago. Gnome3 makes you mad.

IBM software problems do not give enough free time for a real life, clearly. Throw your computer out of the window and follow.

Many users are waiting Michael to implement the delete user feature for end users. Then we can leave you write BS and IBM marketing hype in this site. Most of you do not have a clue of the net etiquette, like you with your long nonsense message that gives no value to the internet.
    Please remove my profile when you and others can handle technical facts. I am a threat to IBM and stable believers. Keep on allowing personal insults in your site and blame me only.

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comme...ned_on_rlinux/
    " Phoronix News is considered blog spam"

A technical fact above.

Comment

I for one find debianxfce entertaining and enjoy laughing at his creative trolling but I do see how his behavior can tick people off.

Comment

Originally posted by xfcemint View Post

Please do not ban him, I like reading his posts. He is harmless.
        I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I'll pretend for a moment that you are not...

I've seen him on more than one occasion give out outright incorrect information to newbies asking for help. The most recent example I saw was when someone was having issues with sound not being 5.1/7.1 or something (the poster was only getting stereo or something, the details are unclear to me now).

The troll's advice was to uninstall pulseaudio because it's "bloated" and just magically configure ALSA somehow to magically make everything work. This is not harmless, it's malicious. Yes, you "can" run a system without pulseaudio, but telling a newbie to rip out a part of the system like that which is probably required by a bunch of stuff already installed? No, that's just wrong. The troll will do damage to that system with his advice and will suddenly stop responding, just like it does everywhere else. The troll's response is the only one I saw at the time. Hopefully the correct advise got to that user before it was too late.

Annoyingly I'm struggling to find this post now

Is it really necessary to point out that the present forum does indeed offer an ignore list setting?
        This doesn't work. The reason it doesn't work is not because of a technical failure, but because the entire thread is nearly always derailed every single time the troll appears. This is a technical solution to a social problem, and they seldom work.

Want to see and have a nice conversation about X? Well, too bad. The first three posts were about X, and now the troll is here the rest are about Y Z and the price of wheat and how xfce is the best desktop in the world and IBM is literally Hitler. You can ignore the troll all you want, unfortunately the conversation is always derailed every time it turns up. I haven't found a single exception. Even when using this feature, the conversation is still derailed and any logical and mature discussion quickly goes out the window as human nature kicks in and people feel the need to try and correct the insanity. Ignoring the troll doesn't help unless everybody does it, which obviously won't happen.

This is my experience with this site fairly regularly: "Something interesting on the front page, have a bit of a read, looks cool, let's see what people are chatting about, see what they thinks, 38 comments, nice, let's click... uh huh... uh huh... oh, there he is... 4th post this time... never-mind, no point going any further"

The troll is doing remarkable damage to this community and has done for many years. I grabbed an account and then saw what the troll was doing and decided I didn't want to be a part of this community after all. I've only posted twice thanks to this, both times calling out the behavior (this is post #2). I absolutely guarantee you I am not the only one who has taken a step back from this community because of this one individual. Unfortunately I simply don't have the benchmarks to prove it.

Now the troll is literally telling people to kill themselves in this very thread and yet somehow this madness is still allowed to continue. Honestly at this point it looks just as bad on Phoronix for giving the troll a platform and allowing it for so long. They enable this attention seeking behavior and absolutely have to share their portion of the blame for the inaction in dealing with it.

Story time: I do not care for the Gnome desktop. I started falling out of love with it later in the 2.x series, and I truly didn't get along with the 3.x series. I've been using Linux since roughly 2003, so I know my way around and I know what my options are. So I switched, I leave it alone, and I allow others to use a desktop which I don't enjoy using because that's okay, we have a choice and we can easily coexist in this ecosystem. You like what you like, I like what I like, and that's okay. What I don't do is go online and make absurd, factually inaccurate, aggressive, insulting, belittling, idiotic comments on a online message board about how Gnome is pure witchcraft, and is slowly poisoning the atmosphere by wasting CPU cycles by using a javascript engine that only runs on liquidized puppies. I don't do that because it would be attention seeking, probably to the level of there being a genuine mental illness, and I value by free time more than this, and I don't "get a kick" out of getting a rise from strangers on the Internet. If I did enjoy doing these kinds of things with my free time I would seriously consider getting professional help (and yes, I'm deadly serious).

Make no mistake: This is attention seeking, and the troll is probably desperate for as much attention as you can give it. And this site, and it's community, is enabling it. Sadly I'm playing a part by responding here, but I feel he's doing so much damage to this little corner of the web I feel the need to call it out; I feel the good done might, just maybe, outweigh the damage.

For the record, I'm not saying we shouldn't have debate, disagreement, conversation, different viewpoints expressed. What I'm saying is there are limits. Difficult to quantify, but easy to see when they have been exceeded, and this happened long, long ago.

Shame on the troll, and shame on us for letting it get this far.

Comment

Originally posted by Panda_Wrist View Post

Please do not ban debianxfce, He may be an idiot with idiotic reasoning's. But he adds needed conflict to forum posts.
          No. There are enough other persons who can provide constructive criticism. debianxfce is not one of them.

This helps forum post gain many comments and views which help ad revenue.
          No. At least for me, it makes me stop reading the forum - revenue lost.

Comment

Many users are waiting Michael to implement the delete user feature for end users. Then we can leave you write BS and IBM marketing hype in this site. Most of you do not have a clue of the net etiquette, like you with your long nonsense message that gives no value to the internet.
            I just have no time to read your perverted bullshit.
            I respect your mental health / behaviour issues but they are preventing me to enjoy reading phoronix.
            I'd prefer to have an option button in xfce control panel to filter out all of your messages or a phoronix forum setting option.

Many users won't consider subscribing because of your posts or stay away from Phoronix all together.
            I can't even imagine you believing the crap you write, I imagine you as a troll project/experiment, well done.
            Good bye and go fschk yourself.

I'm surprised Micheal let things go this far.
            ​
            Last edited by horizonbrave; 28 May 2019, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Whenever you get on a bus does Debianxfce sit next to you ?

Comment

Originally posted by retardxfce View Post

Its clear that this warning had no effect. His trolling and ruining the discussion has only gotten worse since then.

Logical conclusion is that he should be banned. I think I speak for many here that we wont even consider Phoronix Premium as long as debianxfce continues his trolling. Its hard to take this site seriously with people like him.
                Xfce is communism. He deserves ban. He is using 1000Hz and sabotaging the linux software with low quality software like xfce or debian.

Comment

Originally posted by Ribs View Post

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I'll pretend for a moment that you are not...

I've seen him on more than one occasion give out outright incorrect information to newbies asking for help. The most recent example I saw was when someone was having issues with sound not being 5.1/7.1 or something (the poster was only getting stereo or something, the details are unclear to me now).

The troll's advice was to uninstall pulseaudio because it's "bloated" and just magically configure ALSA somehow to magically make everything work. This is not harmless, it's malicious. Yes, you "can" run a system without pulseaudio, but telling a newbie to rip out a part of the system like that which is probably required by a bunch of stuff already installed? No, that's just wrong. The troll will do damage to that system with his advice and will suddenly stop responding, just like it does everywhere else. The troll's response is the only one I saw at the time. Hopefully the correct advise got to that user before it was too late.

Annoyingly I'm struggling to find this post now

This doesn't work. The reason it doesn't work is not because of a technical failure, but because the entire thread is nearly always derailed every single time the troll appears. This is a technical solution to a social problem, and they seldom work.

Want to see and have a nice conversation about X? Well, too bad. The first three posts were about X, and now the troll is here the rest are about Y Z and the price of wheat and how xfce is the best desktop in the world and IBM is literally Hitler. You can ignore the troll all you want, unfortunately the conversation is always derailed every time it turns up. I haven't found a single exception. Even when using this feature, the conversation is still derailed and any logical and mature discussion quickly goes out the window as human nature kicks in and people feel the need to try and correct the insanity. Ignoring the troll doesn't help unless everybody does it, which obviously won't happen.

This is my experience with this site fairly regularly: "Something interesting on the front page, have a bit of a read, looks cool, let's see what people are chatting about, see what they thinks, 38 comments, nice, let's click... uh huh... uh huh... oh, there he is... 4th post this time... never-mind, no point going any further"

The troll is doing remarkable damage to this community and has done for many years. I grabbed an account and then saw what the troll was doing and decided I didn't want to be a part of this community after all. I've only posted twice thanks to this, both times calling out the behavior (this is post #2). I absolutely guarantee you I am not the only one who has taken a step back from this community because of this one individual. Unfortunately I simply don't have the benchmarks to prove it.

Now the troll is literally telling people to kill themselves in this very thread and yet somehow this madness is still allowed to continue. Honestly at this point it looks just as bad on Phoronix for giving the troll a platform and allowing it for so long. They enable this attention seeking behavior and absolutely have to share their portion of the blame for the inaction in dealing with it.

Story time: I do not care for the Gnome desktop. I started falling out of love with it later in the 2.x series, and I truly didn't get along with the 3.x series. I've been using Linux since roughly 2003, so I know my way around and I know what my options are. So I switched, I leave it alone, and I allow others to use a desktop which I don't enjoy using because that's okay, we have a choice and we can easily coexist in this ecosystem. You like what you like, I like what I like, and that's okay. What I don't do is go online and make absurd, factually inaccurate, aggressive, insulting, belittling, idiotic comments on a online message board about how Gnome is pure witchcraft, and is slowly poisoning the atmosphere by wasting CPU cycles by using a javascript engine that only runs on liquidized puppies. I don't do that because it would be attention seeking, probably to the level of there being a genuine mental illness, and I value by free time more than this, and I don't "get a kick" out of getting a rise from strangers on the Internet. If I did enjoy doing these kinds of things with my free time I would seriously consider getting professional help (and yes, I'm deadly serious).

Make no mistake: This is attention seeking, and the troll is probably desperate for as much attention as you can give it. And this site, and it's community, is enabling it. Sadly I'm playing a part by responding here, but I feel he's doing so much damage to this little corner of the web I feel the need to call it out; I feel the good done might, just maybe, outweigh the damage.

For the record, I'm not saying we shouldn't have debate, disagreement, conversation, different viewpoints expressed. What I'm saying is there are limits. Difficult to quantify, but easy to see when they have been exceeded, and this happened long, long ago.

Shame on the troll, and shame on us for letting it get this far.
                  I believe that this is the thread you are looking for
                  Hello, Ubuntu 19.04 on the ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX / ac (https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/Fatal1ty%20B450%20Gaming-ITXac/index.asp) (ALC1220) with AMD Athlon 240G. In the sound settings, I can only choose the Analog Stereo Output profile, there is no Surround - do i have to configure something or is it impossible with

Remove pulseaudio, install qasmixer and alsamixergui and configure Alsa.
                  There are a lot of HOWTOs which describe how to setup your 5.1 speakers/card, but none of them met my needs, nor they explained what they really did. So here is my little how to. For this HOWTO to work: 1. your sound card should be working and it has to have analog output, 2. you have to have 5.1 speakers, 3. you have to use ALSA. 1. First problem: When listening to stereo music there are 3 situations I encourted: 1. only two front speakers work (center, woofer and rear don't work),

Pulseaudio is buggy and and slows down system performance.

Comment

Originally posted by retardxfce View Post

I believe that this is the thread you are looking for
                    Hello, Ubuntu 19.04 on the ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX / ac (https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/Fatal1ty%20B450%20Gaming-ITXac/index.asp) (ALC1220) with AMD Athlon 240G. In the sound settings, I can only choose the Analog Stereo Output profile, there is no Surround - do i have to configure something or is it impossible with

Yes it was, thank you.

Although your responses are no better. You are part of the problem.

The poster asked for help, the troll and yourself both gave him malicious and incorrect advice. Whilst I appreciate you were joking, the person asking for help wouldn't of understood what was happening. The new user got caught in the crossfire.

Notice how that's the only post the user put here. This will probably be the last time we ever see that member of the community. And it's all thanks to the idiotic responses from both the troll and yourself. I doubt she/he would have actually damaged the system, but you both contributed to damaging the community. Shame on you.

No, seriously, shame on you. You both crossed the line and did damage to the community. If you don't want to contribute in a meaningful way then you shouldn't be here.

Others find it amusing for some reason, but it's actually doing real damage and this is the perfect example. If this isn't evidence that action needs to be taken I don't know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by miabrahams View Post
                      I for one find debianxfce entertaining and enjoy laughing at his creative trolling but I do see how his behavior can tick people off.
                      I agree. I thought the sole purpose of this forum is shitposting, and debianxfce is making great contributions to giving this forum the kind of vibe I personally like.

Comment

Working...
                      X