debianxfce warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debianxfce warning

debianxfce - of those reporting posts and complaining about abusive behavior / ranting, you are currently number one on that list of people complaining about forum content. You are officially warned and kindly asked to refrain from instigating / abusive forum posts otherwise bans / ignores, etc, may be in place.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Is it that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
      https://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comme...ned_on_rlinux/
      " Phoronix News is considered blog spam"

A technical fact above.
      News aggregators are considered spam now?
      So I guess I better cancel my newspaper subscription, don't want to get spammed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironmask View Post

News aggregators are considered spam now?
        So I guess I better cancel my newspaper subscription, don't want to get spammed.
        Within the rules of that subreddit yes, because the Phoronix posts don't add anything or add little added value over the upstream information. They maintainers of that subbreddit prefer the original posts instead of a summarization by Phoronix, although there's been multiple discussions on lifting this ban.

Comment

Originally posted by EarthMind View Post

Within the rules of that subreddit yes, because the Phoronix posts don't add anything or add little added value over the upstream information. They maintainers of that subbreddit prefer the original posts instead of a summarization by Phoronix, although there's been multiple discussions on lifting this ban.
          At least Phoronix benchs should be allowed (don't know if it's already the case) since they are 100% OC.

About debianxfce, I've already said everything I think about him before. Some people simply can't live in communities, it's his loss not ours.

Comment

Originally posted by EarthMind View Post
            In retrospect, could say that particular subreddit has problem of too little content of it's own and thus Phoronix simply swamped it.

I find it convenient, I don't have to crawl through bunch of different sites/email subscriptions but get most news items from here. Yeah, I have some particular email subscriptions and some other forums I keep an eye on but it's much less than it would be without Phoronix.

So, what's his destiny going to be?

Comment

EDIT: disregard everything said below. Ban him.

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              debianxfce - of those reporting posts and complaining about abusive behavior / ranting, you are currently number one on that list of people complaining about forum content. You are officially warned and kindly asked to refrain from instigating / abusive forum posts otherwise bans / ignores, etc, may be in place.
              Please do not ban debianxfce, He may be an idiot with idiotic reasoning's. But he adds needed conflict to forum posts. This helps forum post gain many comments and views which help ad revenue. Most of your site visitors use some form of adblock but having some users like debianxfce and others, they help your ad revenue. People read the bullshit conversations that go on with him and others.

He and other forum members will post anti-gnome, anti-kde, anti-wayland, anti-systemd, anti-whatever the fuck they want, post sparking debate. This creates more comments on phoronix forums. Thus adding slightly more ad revenue to the site.

if you ban him you should ban many many more. I can think of many names that should be added to a ban list but I'm not going to mention them. Because of debianxfce and others, they add many posts to your site, so that the few that don't adblock you have something to see and you make a little revenue off the posts.

So please keep deabianxfce even though debian testing using xfce with a custom 1000hz non debugging kernel using ubuntu ppa's is the best way to game according to him.

Users like him, are why you get some sort of ad revenue. Shitty posts that turns a simple topic into a 10+ page comment fest are what gives you ad counts.
              Last edited by Panda_Wrist; 02 June 2019, 03:38 AM.

Comment

is it too bad ????

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Many users are waiting Michael to implement the delete user feature for end users. Then we can leave you write BS and IBM marketing hype in this site. Most of you do not have a clue of the net etiquette, like you with your long nonsense message that gives no value to the internet.
                  But you only hate IBM because they bought red hat. before that you Literately said nothing against IBM. It was only until they got red hat that you complained about them. And Also I'm defending you. Though why do you shill padoka ppa on debian. it's made for ubuntu. shouldn't you be building llvm/clang and mesa yourself for your custom kernel that you compile. Why build a kernel if you don't build llvm/clang and mesa yourself. That literally makes no sense. So sid is up to date but requires others to be more up to date. makes no sense to me. I'll stick mesa-git on aur needing llvm-(git)/clang-(git) for arch. go amd and intel on easy building.

I'm an arch user. if it is not on aur, its a fucking bash script away. that is why pacman is better then dpkg and rpm/whatever pacman is literately a bash script away for a proper package.

I also use systemd-networkd for my static network connection on gnome3 withy my extensions that make it more classic like. it is so terrible running something that I like. standard xfce sucks just like gnome3 and kde and xfce and lxqt and others with out extenstions.

Comment

If I wanted good de out of the box I would be using linux mint debian edition. cinnamon is good but fuck debian, sid or other wiser.

expects a different de. if everyone wanted the same shouldn't we be using windows?

Comment

Working...
                    X