Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenSUSE's Spectre Mitigation Approach Is One Of The Reasons For Its Slower Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Considering that the list you posted is bullshit (Debian a standard? Arch is easy to install?, Slackware what? just to cite the most important points ), I'm not really surprised.
    How am I talking bullshit? Debian is the GNU/Linux standard and most important distro of all. Arch can be installed in about 5 steps and there's nothing hard about it, the KISS principle makes things easy. Slackware is another great example of KISS, it should serve as an inspiration to other distro.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
      ...Arch can be installed in about 5 steps and there's nothing hard about it

Comment

Debian, Ubuntu etc. it's shit, Arch is a great release but it's not for everyone and they know it too.
        Usually I always have great respect for everyone, but since some users here do not respect the work of others, I can only confirm that Debian and derivatives are shit, at least for my decades of experience. I'm really incredulous in reading some crap here, blame Intel that did a shitty job on their CPU, not who should put the patches.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post

Well, I've gone through this experience. And while installing Arch is not a "5 easy steps" by any means, it's not "how to draw an owl" either.
          If I knew beforehand what I know now, I would have gone with a sister distro that includes an installer. But Arch's wiki is the best bar none. You'll find everything you need in there (but yes, you need to know how to look).

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
            Debian, Ubuntu etc. it's shit, Arch is a great release but it's not for everyone and they know it too.
            Usually I always have great respect for everyone, but since some users here do not respect the work of others, I can only confirm that Debian and derivatives are shit, at least for my decades of experience. I'm really incredulous in reading some crap here, blame Intel that did a shitty job on their CPU, not who should put the patches.
            Holy crap, I thought it was just me, every once and a while I try using Debian it has never been stable for me, Arch can be a PITA but has been a lot more reliable for me (Which the internet tells me is the exact opposite)

Comment

How am I talking bullshit?
              Nothing of what you said is even remotely true.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                Well, I've gone through this experience. And while installing Arch is not a "5 easy steps" by any means, it's not "how to draw an owl" either.
                It requires a significant amount of pre-requisite knowledge, or a significant amount of reading the wiki.
                It's hard for anyone that does not fully understand how a distro actually works, which isn't a skill everyone has (or really needs to have imho).

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie68 View Post
                  I have my fair share of bad and meh things to say on Debian, but I'd personally call "shit" only Ubuntu, as only there I've seen breakage I didn't thought was even possible.

Comment

I myself can't name a single thing OpenSuse is trying to accomplish, any reason behind why it exists. They could call quits and join efforts of other distros.
                    After I abandoned Mandrake, I tested several distros. At the time, openSUSE seemed to have the best KDE maintenance. And with Tumbleweed, it's got recent packages. Time has passed, and I don't know what the "competition" looks like these days. Can't believe they've deployed rbrown to interact with end-users, that's a pr disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by dremon_nl View Post

Nothing from your list provides that under the same umbrella. Tumbleweed also provides the best rolling experience with Plasma desktop.
                      IMHO:
                      Fedora >= Tumbleweed
                      Centos >= Leap
                      But you are right about the KDE experience offered by openSUSE, it is only rivalled by Plasma.

Comment

Working...
                      X