Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DaVinci Resolve 16 Beta Video Editor Employing Deep Learning, GPU Accelerated Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kn00tcn
    replied
    Originally posted by tsuru View Post
    I've been trying to get Resolve 15 to work with hw accelerated Mesa/Clover but I can't tell if it hates Clover and bails or if there is a minimum version of OpenCL that it isn't getting
    resolve is weird, i've seen people struggle on distros other than the official recommended one

possibly related: on windows 7, it fails to launch citing a win10 media framework dll (win10 is officially required), but guess what the simple workaround is... simply renaming/removing resolve's opencl.dll lets it launch on win7 without a problem

Leave a comment:

• nuetzel
    replied

Ok yes I was blind to the "1080 ti." So I presume it's using CUDA vs OpenCL too...(there's a log file if it's not visible from the UI) I've been trying to get Resolve 15 to work with hw accelerated Mesa/Clover but I can't tell if it hates Clover and bails or if there is a minimum version of OpenCL that it isn't getting.

Anyway, it doesn't sound like you'll be able to help shed light on that
    What?
    I do not need DaVinci Resolve...
    ...but Clover do NOT offer image support currently.
    Try ROCm or AMD-Pro OpenCL.

Leave a comment:

• tsuru
    replied
    Originally posted by nuetzel View Post

See above
    Ok yes I was blind to the "1080 ti." So I presume it's using CUDA vs OpenCL too...(there's a log file if it's not visible from the UI) I've been trying to get Resolve 15 to work with hw accelerated Mesa/Clover but I can't tell if it hates Clover and bails or if there is a minimum version of OpenCL that it isn't getting.

Anyway, it doesn't sound like you'll be able to help shed light on that

Leave a comment:

• Calinou
    replied
    Originally posted by DeeZiD View Post

It does and it works fantastically well - at least on high end software lol
    The joke is that Chromium and Firefox come with GPU acceleration disabled by default on Linux, presumably because they don't have enough manpower to fix all the issues that stem from it (even though it works well for most people).

Leave a comment:

• DeeZiD
    replied
    Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

GPU acceleration exists on Linux? Google and Mozilla should take note.
    It does and it works fantastically well - at least on high end software lol

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Yep. No issues with my 1080ti on Manjaro Gnome.
    Even 8k Red Helium or 4k60p 10 bit H265 from a X-T3 or 6K GH5 footage runs just fine on 4K DCI timelines here. Rendering faster than real-time isn't an issue either.
    GPU acceleration exists on Linux? Google and Mozilla should take note.

Leave a comment:

• coder
    replied
    Which gpu? With open drivers or proprietary?
    Given that he said 1080 Ti (Nvidia), it must be the proprietary drivers. The Nouveau drivers are crippled by being stuck at base clocks, on this hardware.

Also, if they're using CUDA, I assume that requires the proprietary drivers.

Leave a comment:

• nuetzel
    replied

See above

Leave a comment:

• tsuru
    replied
    Tried the latest Studio beta. Works fine on my machine and even faster than before!

Leave a comment:

• horizonbrave
    replied
    Tried the latest Studio beta. Works fine on my machine and even faster than before!
    What distro please?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X