Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DaVinci Resolve 16 Beta Video Editor Employing Deep Learning, GPU Accelerated Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

GPU acceleration exists on Linux? Google and Mozilla should take note.
    It does and it works fantastically well - at least on high end software lol

Comment

Originally posted by DeeZiD View Post

It does and it works fantastically well - at least on high end software lol
      The joke is that Chromium and Firefox come with GPU acceleration disabled by default on Linux, presumably because they don't have enough manpower to fix all the issues that stem from it (even though it works well for most people).

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post

See above
        Ok yes I was blind to the "1080 ti." So I presume it's using CUDA vs OpenCL too...(there's a log file if it's not visible from the UI) I've been trying to get Resolve 15 to work with hw accelerated Mesa/Clover but I can't tell if it hates Clover and bails or if there is a minimum version of OpenCL that it isn't getting.

Anyway, it doesn't sound like you'll be able to help shed light on that

Comment

Originally posted by tsuru View Post

Ok yes I was blind to the "1080 ti." So I presume it's using CUDA vs OpenCL too...(there's a log file if it's not visible from the UI) I've been trying to get Resolve 15 to work with hw accelerated Mesa/Clover but I can't tell if it hates Clover and bails or if there is a minimum version of OpenCL that it isn't getting.

Anyway, it doesn't sound like you'll be able to help shed light on that
          What?
          I do not need DaVinci Resolve...
          ...but Clover do NOT offer image support currently.
          Try ROCm or AMD-Pro OpenCL.

Comment

Originally posted by tsuru View Post
            I've been trying to get Resolve 15 to work with hw accelerated Mesa/Clover but I can't tell if it hates Clover and bails or if there is a minimum version of OpenCL that it isn't getting
            resolve is weird, i've seen people struggle on distros other than the official recommended one

possibly related: on windows 7, it fails to launch citing a win10 media framework dll (win10 is officially required), but guess what the simple workaround is... simply renaming/removing resolve's opencl.dll lets it launch on win7 without a problem

Comment

Working...
            X