Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systemd's Nspawn Lands OCI Runtime Support

Phoronix: Systemd's Nspawn Lands OCI Runtime Support

Merged this morning into the systemd code-base was a big feature addition that's been in the works for the better part of one year by Lennart Poettering and other developers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Inb4 omg now a whole quest os runs in process 1.

Comment

It's a pity I don't like popcorns, otherwise this would be the perfect time to go grab them...

Comment

Good grief, I do wish the systemd people would go off and develop their own OS and leave Linux alone.

Anyway, I find most of these container solutions to be way too bloated. I tend to use containers on very resource limited machines like VPS with low memory. I use user-mode containers to protect the host and nothing more than busybox as the container's init to limit the resources and keep things simple.

Comment

Originally posted by linner View Post
          Good grief, I do wish the systemd people would go off and develop their own OS and leave Linux alone.

Anyway, I find most of these container solutions to be way too bloated. I tend to use containers on very resource limited machines like VPS with low memory. I use user-mode containers to protect the host and nothing more than busybox as the container's init to limit the resources and keep things simple.
          well, now here is some good news for you, you don't need any additional software to run your containers! LESS BLOAT FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
            well, now here is some good news for you, you don't need any additional software to run your containers! LESS BLOAT FTW!
            Maybe, if I ran bloated systemd in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
              Inb4 omg now a whole quest os runs in process 1.
              so, if you have an os whose init system can launch a new os in a container, I wonder have many levels deep you can go in PID1

Comment

Can they make a fucking systemd-kernel and leave us the hell alone?

Comment

I love the people complaining simply because they heard systemd and have no idea what this actually is and how it's super useful.

Comment

Originally posted by FastCode View Post
                    Can they make a fucking systemd-kernel and leave us the hell alone?
                    use devuan(assuming is still alive) or go to FreeBSD and stop whining, no one is putting a gun in your head to use it and for those of us that use it this is great

Comment

Working...
                    X