Systemd's Nspawn Lands OCI Runtime Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FastCode View Post
    Can they make a fucking systemd-kernel and leave us the hell alone?
    Don't use it? Ignore it? Just because it can be used on your system doesn't mean you have to if you don't want it?

It's like, "OMG! That company that makes food products just released a new flavour and they have the nerve to advertise it! Can you just make a fucking store of your own and leave our preferred stores the hell alone?"

That's what you sound like :/

Must be difficult having freedom of choice and feature improvements shoved down your throat.

Comment

The only reason why I don't like this is because it's packaged with systemd (at least for some distros). If this were a separate package I'd just say "who cares" because it's otherwise not a big deal.

Originally posted by lucrus View Post
      It's a pity I don't like popcorns, otherwise this would be the perfect time to go grab them...
      Get with the trends:

(he said, ironically)

Comment

Originally posted by FastCode View Post
        Can they make a fucking systemd-kernel and leave us the hell alone?
        Would be funny if they do and next your favorite distro immediately switches to it.

Comment

Originally posted by discordian View Post
          Would be funny if they do and next your favorite distro immediately switches to it.
          Please don't give them ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            The only reason why I don't like this is because it's packaged with systemd (at least for some distros). If this were a separate package I'd just say "who cares" because it's otherwise not a big deal.

Get with the trends:

(he said, ironically)
            You don't have to use the tool, if you don't use it, it doesn't do anything nor will it be running in anyway on your system.

Comment

Then get your distro to change that, debian has the nspawn tools as separate package: https://packages.debian.org/source/buster/systemd

Comment

On openSUSE nspawn is in a separate systemd-container package and it's not installed by default.

I find it useful because instead of playing with chroot and mounting /dev, /proc, etc manually, I can just run `sudo systemd-nspawn -D $PWD` and it just works.

Comment

I use systemd-nspawn a lot, mostly with wine and sometimes if I want try a deb outside of the repo...

Comment

Originally posted by linner View Post

Maybe, if I ran bloated systemd in the first place.
                    you should join us in the great land of systemd. we have systemd-cupcakes!

Comment

Well, the hole problem is that it gets very deep in the distributions has a trojan horse..
                      If it were just a package or a bunch of packages, we doesn't care of it..

But the problem is all dependency chain its brings with it...
                      One day will be "bigger than the linux kernel", and they said that they started it because SysVinit was difficult to understand, and it worked, no one knows why..Loool

Guess out.. systemd is a monster

Comment

Working...
                      X