L2TP Tunnel Support Added To Systemd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hreindl View Post

with people like debianxfce Weasel Britoid breathing air you can't find any discussion given that they are talking bullshit in each and every topic by intention, it has some entertainment to play with them but discussions? no way!
    If you disagree with the discussion why do you choose to continue it?

In-case it wasn't clear, my Red Hat conspiracy comment was a joke to imitate some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post

debianxfce is a Microsoft troll who gets paid by Red Hat to create arguments on the Linux desktop to hold it back so it can never take off.

It's a conspiracy I tell you.
      I doubt that RedHat would pay anyone to spread such amount of BS about Linux. If he's paid by anyone, my best guess would be Apple.

Comment

it's way simpler looking at his other posts over weeks and months: he is an idiot
        That's not mutually exclusive, is it.

Comment

because i am not willing to handover the whole world to idiots talking bullhsit

the problem is that way too much idiots are talking such shit seriously, especially at phoronix
          That's Poe's Law for you.

Comment

why should someone pay money to natural idiots for be stupid?
            Idiots can be extremely useful, particularly if you have a dirty job you need to get done and you don't want to look like one yourself.

Comment

why should someone pay money to natural idiots for be stupid?
              Cannon fodder, i.e. jobs where the survival or well-being of the agent is not important.

Comment

Well I must say I'm disappointed. It has been several hours since an article about a major new feature in systemd and none of the usual suspects has shown up yet to whine that

1. "init" has no business implementing a support for a tunnelling protocol. It didn't do it in the past, so it must never do it in the future, ever.

2. I wrote an init script back in 1977 and it doesn't work with the latest release of systemd. Systemd is criminal!

3. Poettering eats babies for breakfast

4. Those morons in 2019 expect to use Linux for other things than just playing *nix sysadmin and learning vi, whaaa whaaaa wwhhhaaaa!

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
                  Well I must say I'm disappointed. It has been several hours since an article about a major new feature in systemd and none of the usual suspects has shown up yet to whine that

1. "init" has no business implementing a support for a tunnelling protocol. It didn't do it in the past, so it must never do it in the future, ever.

2. I wrote an init script back in 1977 and it doesn't work with the latest release of systemd. Systemd is criminal!

3. Poettering eats babies for breakfast

4. Those morons in 2019 expect to use Linux for other things than just playing *nix sysadmin and learning vi, whaaa whaaaa wwhhhaaaa!
                  0. any functionality added in systemd project ever is added to a single binary running as PID 1 that is also reporting all your actions to Pottering.

Comment

Back on the topic.

I looked through announcement and pull request and have simple question - will it allow me to create L2TP server using systemd? I have a VPS where I have to run that pppd, xl2tpd and do some unobvious config options back from dialup days.

Comment

If I find systemd to be a decent init system and service manager, which has the added benefit of allowing me to use the same commands and functionality across different Linux distributions, does that really make me an idiot?

I'm not stating systemd doesn't have bugs and I'm making no claims that it is the optimal init/service-manager/plumbing solution. But it sure seems awfully featureful and convenient for my use cases.

And even though I don't personally have a use case for L2TP, I'm sure people exist who will find the addition of said functionality exceeding useful and practical.

Unless and until something more convenient and well-engineered comes along, I'm therefore happy to rely on systemd doing its thing on my systems. I certainly don't miss bash-driven rc files one bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X