Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2TP Tunnel Support Added To Systemd

Phoronix: L2TP Tunnel Support Added To Systemd

The newest feature addition for systemd is supporting L2TP, the Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol, as part of its networking code...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
    Openwrt routers are cheap and you can install the L2TP Tunnel protocol from the openwrt repository. There is no much sense to use a computer as router. Systemd and all other redhat software except RADV are useless.
    but what if I want to connect my computer to an L2TP network?

also, it surprises me that you are encouraging people to spend money on hardware when your old PC can be used for a router for FREE!

Comment

Openwrt routers are cheap and you can install the L2TP Tunnel protocol from the openwrt repository.
      So what? Nobody asked about routers.

There is no much sense to use a computer as router.
      Just stop talking about things you have no clue about, like computer technology. For your information, L2TP has other uses than on routers.

Systemd and all other redhat software except RADV are useless.
      Seek professional help.

Comment

Originally posted by arokh View Post

So what? Nobody asked about routers.

Just stop talking about things you have no clue about, like computer technology. For your information, L2TP has other uses than on routers.

Seek professional help.
        debianxfce is a Microsoft troll who gets paid by Red Hat to create arguments on the Linux desktop to hold it back so it can never take off.

It's a conspiracy I tell you.

Comment

Just shut up. Your posts are similar to spam, standard etiquette doesn't apply.

Comment

There is no much sense to use a computer as router.
            For home use, yeah. For businness use, lolwtf, stfu n00b.

Try to route even a single Gbit network on a Gbit uplink on a "cheap OpenWrt router" (which is something prosumers are actually doing in home setups, with expensive OpenWrt routers) with anything resembling a firewall switched ON.
            It falls flat on its face and dies.

Comment

Move to North Korea and have a job in the government, that is the right place for people writing; "So what? Nobody asked about routers. Just shut up"
              It's not netiquette to spam every thread with your anti systemd and anti redhat conspiracy theorist bullshit, so just shut GTFO nobody wants to hear it (again).

Comment

Originally posted by arokh View Post
                It's not netiquette to spam every thread with your anti systemd and anti redhat conspiracy theorist bullshit, so just shut GTFO nobody wants to hear it (again).
                Says the idiot who spammed the Devuan thread with his pro-systemd bullshit when it was also factually wrong. Since you didn't GTFO that thread even against facts, we will spam your stupid shitd threads in retaliation.

Comment

I thought I would find a nice discussion about L2TP useness here, but it was just a troll fight :/

Comment

Beginners like arokh and Britoid. read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Etiquette_in_technology

Be polite every time. If you can not do that, you are feeling bad and insult other people. Outdoor sports might help you.
                    OK, so look. Criticism isn't against "internet etiquette". Calling people beginners, and thinking you are advanced, is.

Move to North Korea and have a job in the government, that is the right place for people writing; "So what? Nobody asked about routers. Just shut up"
                    So you basically are saying "Everything I say is true and if you do not believe me, go to Hell"?

I'm sorry for saying this, but you are the one who has to move.

Comment

Working...
                    X