Debian Sticking With Merged /usr Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hreindl View Post

you realized that people living on the edge are not my clients?
    either i host them as a whole or i tell them requirements to provide support in any way?

poor you which has to take every task to make a living....
    When you are dealing with sh**tyy clients yes..someone in your Company is in charge..
    But when you are dealing with clients that can even surpass some legal systems...you don't and you will receive from above order to continue like they say..

You know nothing about Business, you has a kid are still living your young years of everything beautiful and green landscapes..
    The world is not like that...experience will show you that in time..

Comment

that Weezy is EOL and you still install EOL systems?
      And Who told you that I installed Debian on that server moron?
      I needed a image fast, and RedHat doesn't worked there, from beginning, and other also don't,
      I suppose that you understand that after 'rm -rf *' you brake your system right?

How you recover a RedHat system, were it doesn't boot, where all data was deleted...right..
      So I relied in the best OS ever to save the Day, but I tried other options too ...your sh*tty Anaconda breaking/crashing everywhere with its python shitt code behind..

Comment

with 41 years old again: thanks yor the "young kid"
        well if you have 41 years old, and have that small windows on front of your eyes, "only looking to the green landscape",
        You are not very experienced person, and still a kid..
        Last edited by tuxd3v; 11 March 2019, 02:01 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

well, and your apt works without name resolution at all?
          no?

so what matters if it just stops with a error message or you need to press CTRL+C anyways after beeing too stupid for a professional provisioning of an image?
          Yes the apt works without names resolution, it "simply knows that, with no network no fun.."
          The same we cannot say about the sh*tty yum..

Again, your a kid with your VMs, or work in a sh*tyy Company..
          In my Company, the guy that "provision" the Image doesn't even know were it will be deployed, and what DNS servers will be used, and what host/IP, and so on..
          For security reasons..

Comment

it don't need to - only for loosers like you with no brain not knowing CTRL+C
            Well,
            If it were a professional application it should, CRTL+C is not been professional..
            With so many fanfarre about professionalism and after all your response its a CRTL+C..

maybe, but why are you shithead not able to basicaly configure a frseh deployed image as first step?
            Well,
            Sometimes you don't know in Advance what will be the DNS servers too, or the IP, or even the final hostname or something else..
            And you need to continue to full-fill the scheduled plan, so you try in advance to configure what you think will be static things on that machine , before a order arrived with information on that..
            And happens that sometimes with lots of countries/work around in parallel,
            And you happens to need something for sure installed...and your yum is in the way, always remembering me that its a peace of crap..

That's one of the problems..
            Or when you go in one machine update something, but DNS doesn't work, and its there yum remembering you, that its a peace of crap..
            Now imagine lots of DNS problems, and you happens to be the guy that entered that machines, yum is always remembering you the crap it his..

apt doesn't do such horror thing..
            Its Rock Solid!!
            I cannot say the same about RedHat..
            RedHat used to have very old software on it, until RedHat7,
            Even RedHat5 relied in syslog, to give you an example..only later was available the rsyslog, with lots of tricks to update it..

Comment

restore backup
              restore backup
              don't buy crappy hardware
              Crappy Hardware?

hahahaha,
              Probably you will never touch what we deal with, not even in your wet dreams..

As far has for the backups, for that I need to have all of the zillion luns available and the lvm mountpoints in place, and backup servers configured in the tmp Operating system, and the Rules for the backup system in place for that specific server shithead
              Your small world, of small companies...is amazingly small..

Comment

with the package manager?
                without configured dns?
                without configured network?

do you even realize what shit you are typing?
                You are the one without a clue,
                Of what I am talking about, I only have an IP address that its temporary, until something arrive

Comment

sorry, but when a Debian fanboy starts to argue about very old software i spit out my coffee because laughing!

when did Debian come out with proper ECC/ECDA support for openssl?
                  forgot, they where busy by fuckup openssl at all and there are still keys out there in the wild

Debian si fucking too stupid to update anything outside dist-upgrades, not even xscreensaver where the upstream developer had enough and asked to please remove it entirely from Debian, caused by the idiotic "we don't do any minor upgrades, we know better than upstream with no but of if"
                  ho.. dont speak bad about Debian in a Subject were your RedHat does a sh*tty job..
                  Lots worst than Debian does..

Comment

Basically this thread was about Debian in first case, so I don't understand why you always promote a differnet distro all the time. If you are used to Debian systems you would certainly install Debian (or Ubuntu) as server or client (or Kanotix as desktop alternative). I supported 3 years Debian sid, so I really know how to fix broken things. I never was a fan of aptitude, it really has a differnet database for the packages which can be installed compared to apt-get, but it is impossible that there would be a different file for already installed packages. If the status file is broken you basically lost (there is just one backup).

Debian added one extra openssl bug some years ago, but basically every distro is affected by upstream bugs. Debian usually even updates oldstable for security issues, so it is a good choice for running servers. Fedora is by definition the playground distro for Red Hat to test new features. I would not install it onto a server, but are free to do use anything you like. Some are sid experts and use that everywhere. I see absolutely no reason to start a distro war, every disto has it pros and cons and there is certainly not a "best" distro for everybody or every use case. CentOS was aquired by Red Hat, IBM bought Red Hat - so you can say it is the biggest commercial enterprise distribution out there. But I highly doubt that you want to buy support

Comment

• I really think you overrate this usrmerge. It has some good side effects for special use cases, but it is very unlikely that you really "need" it as "normal" user. Fedora is to try new things, so it would be better to compare Red Hat to Debian. systemd works on Debian too, believe it or not.

Comment

Working...
                      X