Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd-Free Debian "Devuan" Planning Their First Developer Gathering This Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hreindl View Post
    if you don't give a shit just shut up in general
    Actually no, since I don't give a shit about you or what you believe, and I did not post in this thread for morons like yourself, never intended to address you at all. You, on the other hand....

Comment

• Originally posted by Weasel View Post
      Show me where in the command I listed did the word "systemd" show up, you fucking cunt.
      Actually you wrote systemd-libs which doesn't even exist (lol Arch noob), but it doesn't matter in this context you dumb cunt. Attempting to remove libsystemd and blaming anything but yourself is the dumbest thing I heard of this century. Thanks for confirming the intelligence level of anti-systemd gang yet again.

Comment

• Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Use systemd with the Amlogic S912 SOC and the android 3.19 kernel that has audio support. No go, systemd supports only newer kernels. No audio support in mainline kernels. http://linux-meson.com/doku.php

Systemd is developed for servers only and systemd developer idiots do not realize that Linux is used everywhere.
        that's bullshit. I've used systemd on different amlogic SoCs (8726mx / S905) with even older kernel (3.10). making it work with older kernels was trivial.

of course, it wasn't on debian, but when you use exotic and semi-broken SoCs, you are supposed to know what you are doing.

now go cry in your corner.
        Last edited by stefansaraev; 07 March 2019, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weasel View Post

It's obviously a packager's problem. But it is with systemd. He messed up due to systemd. If there was no systemd, there would be no packaging problem. Really simple.
          holy f*****g shit. what a logic.

Comment

why would anybody sane in his mind would do that?
            i never implied that. since some people are replacing journal database with rsyslog text, i would like to see their scripts for replacing postgres database with text

Comment

• Like I said, zero valid arguments against systemd has ever been presented. Weasel's logic proves my point lol

Comment

• Originally posted by arokh View Post
                Actually you wrote systemd-libs which doesn't even exist (lol Arch noob)
                Oh really? https://www.archlinux.org/packages/c.../systemd-libs/

Sorry, what were you saying? Retard.

Also I said the COMMAND not the OUTPUT. The conflict was the output later when installing. That's where systemd-libs showed up, you stupid trash.

At this point it's clear you're a fucking joke and you literally don't know what you are talking about, you embarrassment "Arch noob". You and hreindl don't know shit, keep proving that with every post you make.

Comment

• Amazing mammoth thread. Nobody seemed to give a shit about Linux's live patching. Ideological bashing over systemd in completely irrelevant thread is so much more interesting.

Comment

without the exact output nobody knows what you did
                    But I showed you what I did. If you want the output, do it yourself, it's that easy. (with the feb live iso)

Obviously I'm not blaming you for not doing it, if you don't have the time or don't want to. But guess what? I don't care nor want to do it again either. Why the fuck should I do it anyway? I did not address you originally nor intended to convince you in the first place, so I honestly don't give a fuck either, anyone who is really desperate to see whether I'm lying or not can test it themselves with the February iso. It's that simple. Pure science, reproducible stuff, you know.

Anyway it's clear arokh doesn't know what's he's talking about, or is using an old Arch install and talks big (while I specifically said the February live iso, at least 3 times), which is hilarious. I've no intent on wasting more time with his noob bullshit.

Comment

because thanks to systemd a
                      vserver reboots between 3 and 10 seconds these days and due host updates you hot-migrate the workload anyways

besides that there are a lot of packages besides the kernel which require restart nearly every service, a reboot is way cleaner and less work
                      So, you are saying it's not important because inherent package bloat in Linux. Which in turn is mitigated by systemd's faster boot times?

Comment

Working...
                      X