Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd-Free Debian "Devuan" Planning Their First Developer Gathering This Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grogan View Post
    Part of the confusion with Arch Linux may be that /sbin, /bin, /lib are SYMLINKS (arrrgh!) to /usr/bin, lib etc. So if someone goes in /usr/lib thinking it's safe to delete libraries and fix it later (e.g. with a make install of something) they might delete something critical that used to be in /lib, for example.
    Why would _anyone_ go in /usr/lib and delete anything (especially if you don't know what you're doing)? It's a system directory and should be handled by a package manager,period.

With Arch, you have to behave yourself a little or you'll break it (it's also a rolling release etc.)
    This has nothing to do with Arch. Do stupid shit get stupid results.

Comment

• Originally posted by hreindl View Post

problem is that you shitheads argue idelogically with "unix principles" from 30 years ago not realizing that following this logic we still would sit on tress, the "unix principles" are not some holy grail but was the best available 30 years (and more) ago - not more and not less

i don't give a fuck about Devuan and it#s uses as long as they are not talking technical bullshit what you do all the time
      For someone who doesn't 'give a fuck' you sure do carry on in a devuan based topic.
      suggest you get out of your basement and go meet some real people. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by arokh View Post

AHAHAHAHA you attempted to remove systemd and it bricked your system? You must be the dumbest guy on the planet actually. Your parents should be fined.

Yes, you don't give a single fuck that you look like a total noob. Your command is similar to deltree c:\windows\system you monkey.

Satisfy me? Don't get me wrong here my sweet fucknoob, I couldn't care less if you fix your problem. I'm not the one blasting systemd because I'm clueless and broke my OS.

I simply asked for the complete command and output, so we can all laugh at you when we see exactly what you did. But anyway you have explained it well enough, we have enough to laugh now

Don't worry, I got it and it's enough. You're a raging noob that much is obvious. Why are you acting like you aren't?

Removing systemd components and bricking your system is your problem and nobody elses. You're an idiot.

I think this is your first time on a computer. Or you're a baboon.

It's related to you having no fucking idea what you're doing and you are hellbent on not learning lmfao.

Facts are hard to deal with when you're a complete retard.

You're withholding the proof you idiot, I asked for it but you refused to give it. The proof of burden is on you fucktard.

See above, if it's removing systemd then you're still a retard.

Actually, it's not about my opinion. It's a fact that what you attempted to do makes you an idiot noob. Burying in sand is exactly what you're doing how does it feel to embarass yourself in front of the entire phoronix forum?
        Why are you so irate at this person? Do you employ them? Have you suffered some financial loss because of his actions? It seems most of the comments I read here are haters of Devuan because they hate systemd and/or are just looking for a fight. I think you're called trolls...

You must be a real blast in real life; the absolute life of the party.

Just relax, go over to a pro-systemd forum and preach to the converted.

Devuan is a great system that meets my needs on one system, good on the devs for organizing a conference. Now, move on.

Comment

well, real people don't care for shit from 3 decades ago

use your devuan the short time it exists but just don't tell the wold it's worth anything
          it will disappear and you are left with nothing

my systems which date back way longer than systemd happily continue to run, just because i have a brain and the topic was solved 7 years ago

So much hate. It is worth a lot to me because i find it useful; you on the other hand ...

Comment

problem is that you shitheads argue idelogically with "unix principles" from 30 years ago not realizing that following this logic we still would sit on tress, the "unix principles" are not some holy grail but was the best available 30 years (and more) ago - not more and not less

i don't give a fuck about Devuan and it#s uses as long as they are not talking technical bullshit what you do all the time
            When you don't give fu*k about others who made their choice, then why should they give flying fu*k about you particular opinion? Why are you even in this Devuan thread? Just for propaganda and whining? I just looked into recent thread about systemd bootthingy, I did not see such aggressive propaganda from your imagined opposition. Free software is about choice - or it's not free at all.. Time to understand that.

If "Unix principles" are not working out, those OS'es die out eventually. Systemd also might be dead in 10 years, replaced by something else - or have it's own OS, because Poettering has told he would like to supplant Linux kernel as well. Let Darwin's evolutionary theory work it out. Your ideological propaganda does not do more than show what a fu*king stalinist repressive gang you are under the umbrella of "free software enthusiasts"

Comment

use your BSD which is not better and be happy
              Troll.

Comment

most likely because he is a shithead posting braindead shit to each and every topic and showing that his head is full of shit even in non-systemd topics
                You really need to get a life. Troll.

Comment

says an idiot naming himelf "bsdisbetter" - thanks for the laugh
                  Dude, you're abnoxious. Yes I get it, that's what trolls like you do.

However you seriously need to get out of your basement and meet real people, expand your world view and live life rather than being some angry little keyboard warrior troll coming to this topic merely looking for a fight.

So you achieved your goal you got your fight and still you go on. Seriously?

Comment

real people don't give a shit about init systems they don't touch most of the time
                    idiots with fear that their knowledge from the 1970's get ripped away do

guys like Weasel won't even notice that the init system has changed without people telling on the internet
                    Sigh...

Comment

(redacted) talking about systemd when they pretend to live without and continue to spread shit about things they don't understand while on the other hand it's amusing to see fools like Weasel proving again and again that his intelligenence is equal to the cheese between my toes :-)
                      I recommend washing your feet in this case, mr. Could develop fungus problem there.

Who is spreading shit? Majority of ranting here is done by you and handful of other systemd-proponents.

It's quite possible to live without systemd. PCLinuxOS, Alpine, Void Linux - latter 2 don't even need glibc. Oh, I forgot Devuan itself.
                      And then 3-4 BSD's (free/open/net/dragonfly/trident), OpenIndiana

I'd probably be using purely windows instead if forced on systemd monoculture. More or less the same, with added benefit of running more games, better office suite, more applications available to it and much less bugs. Bugs of which in systemd devs are not interested in fixing often enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X