Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd-Free Debian "Devuan" Planning Their First Developer Gathering This Spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
    A little bit of advice: The incorrect capitalization is completely intentional and a subtle troll towards SystemD defenders like yourself.
    A little bit of advice: by spelling something else you are barking at something else

Comment

• Originally posted by Weasel View Post
      I don't care what happened after the conflict, THE CONFLICT ITSELF WAS DUE TO SYSTEMD.
      you are dumb. THE CONFLICT ITSELF WAS DUE TO YOUR ACTIONS ONLY, SYSTEMD DID NOTHING TO CAUSE CONFLICT

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        devuan introduced (hate of) systemd.

so bsd isn't better in the end?
        Ok, so I will answer you troll. Horses for courses. Go figure!
        Now, go back under your bridge.

Comment

Delete what?
          You've deleted, modified or added something under /usr (which you said yourself, downloaded compiled and installed something manually).

I gave you the fucking command which packages to install.
          You gave me the "fucking command" yes but you didn't give me the fucking result you got that you claim is because of systemd. It just shows that you understand completely nothing you mentally challenged chimp. Like I said, the command you gave works great on an Arch system that haven't been tampered with by monkeys.

I didn't delete anything until systemd had a piece of shit conflict, you fucking retard. I don't care what happened after the conflict, THE CONFLICT ITSELF WAS DUE TO SYSTEMD.
          You certainly did something to cause the conflict, systemd has no such functions to mess with system files. Learn how to read and process information in your brain please.

You understand the simple fact that if I did not install those packages, I might as well just nuke the entire VM as it would be completely worthless, right? As if bricking it would be any worse. The entire PURPOSE of that VM with the live Arch iso was to install those packages and bricking it wouldn't be any worse than not installing them at all. Dumb fuck.
          I understand that you don't understand a single goddamn thing about how these things work and absolutely refuse to learn.

And of course you don't even know that, since you're a noob trash at Arch.
          You're forgetting that you're the noob that can't solve or identify the cause to a simple conflict. My Arch systems are all running great, I can install packages without issue.

I'm not going to redownload the iso just to satisfy a retard who can't do it by himself.
          You mean you know that you would look like a complete fucking tool when I prove you wrong. You haven't provided any proof to your bullshit statement, there's not a single person on this planet gonna take your word for it that systemd caused a conflict in your filesystem.

Actually it shows you know how to mumbo jumbo techno babble just like hreindl and don't even know how to do offline installation of packages. Lol.
          Actually, you're the one that has proven (yet again) that anti-systemd people have no fucking clue what they are doing. You haven't provided any proof of what you are saying, you haven't made a ticket in the Arch bugtracker, you have just shown that you have the intellect of a 5 year old.

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            A little bit of advice: by spelling something else you are barking at something else
            Really? Intentionally mis-capitalizing (it's still completely correctly spelled) it in a way that everyone still knows exactly what it is somehow "barking" at something? Talk about being thin skinned because we're talking levels of skin-thin on par with brexit supporters when you bring up the un-disputable lies the leave campaign pushed out and promoted.

Originally posted by lucrus View Post
            Not only I'm perfectly fine with it, I'm even happy they meet in Amsterdam. In fact, if they didn't, I couldn't laugh out loud to the level I do now.
            I'm not moaning, I just notice that they are not quiet like you pretend they are.
            Again, if you'd be fine with them you'd shut up. That would literally be the end of it, but no. Instead you and other people who refuse to admit it's got serious issues are moaning way louder about people who talk about those issues than they themselves talk about said issues.
            Last edited by L_A_G; 05 March 2019, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• Your issue has been addressed in your ticket, but your mental illness prevents you from understanding and reflecting on the feedback. That's why you get personal insults, because you simply won't listen to reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by arokh View Post
                You've deleted, modified or added something under /usr (which you said yourself, downloaded compiled and installed something manually).
                I said no such thing. I simply confirmed "Yes" when it asked me to remove libsystemd because it conflicted with systemd-libs. If I didn't, then the VM would be worthless anyway. Unless you refer to the first part, which I've simply overlaid squashfs + tmpfs on /usr and that worked fine until I had to unmount it, but that didn't brick anything though. Still systemd annoyance.

Originally posted by arokh View Post
                You gave me the "fucking command" yes but you didn't give me the fucking result you got that you claim is because of systemd. It just shows that you understand completely nothing you mentally challenged chimp. Like I said, the command you gave works great on an Arch system that haven't been tampered with by monkeys.
                Like I said the command I gave leads to that conflict and I don't give a single fuck of what you say.

I don't know the exact output because I don't want to redownload the iso just to satisfy a piece of shit like you. If you want it so much then YOU do it yourself and find out exactly what it is.

Because clearly the fact I said about what happened (the libsystemd conflict) is not enough and you need copy-pasta, and I'm simply not going to waste my time on this because of you since clearly you'll just claim I "made it up" anyway, don't make me laugh.

You certainly did something to cause the conflict, systemd has no such functions to mess with system files. Learn how to read and process information in your brain please.
                It's obviously a packager's problem. But it is with systemd. He messed up due to systemd. If there was no systemd, there would be no packaging problem. Really simple.

I understand that you don't understand a single goddamn thing about how these things work and absolutely refuse to learn.

You're forgetting that you're the noob that can't solve or identify the cause to a simple conflict. My Arch systems are all running great, I can install packages without issue.
                Omg just stfu with your stupid anecdotes, you think this is the first time I used such a VM? Are you fucking stupid? I've used them at least 10 times by now, the squashfs thing was like a year ago if not more.

Sometimes I encounter such problems in the VM, doing the exact same things. In these cases, sometimes, IT IS ALWAYS A SYSTEMD-RELATED PROBLEM. Even if it's not the fault of systemd directly, it's still related to it.

I don't believe in such coincidences.

You mean you know that you would look like a complete fucking tool when I prove you wrong. You haven't provided any proof to your bullshit statement, there's not a single person on this planet gonna take your word for it that systemd caused a conflict in your filesystem.
                You haven't provided a single proof you fucking moron, all you provided ae anecdotes nobody gives a shit about.

I told you already what conflict I got. I told you how to reproduce it exactly with which live iso as well. What kind of proof do you want? A copy pasted log? I can easily make that up just as well and I know you'll whine like a bitch if I did, claiming I made it up after I wasted time redownloading the thing again. Because that's how kids work, I'm all too familiar with it.

Frankly I'm done with you since I simply don't give a shit of your opinion anymore. Bury your head in the sand some more.

Comment

• For all the religious pro-systemd nutcases here:
                  Free software, free choice. Some people decided not to embrace software they do not like. It's their free choice to make. Unless you like something forced down your throats same way, learn to cope with it.
                  They are putting out efforts of their own to have and use software they like. Not forcing YOU to neither develop for their Devuan nor forcing you to use Devuan.
                  Not your business to critizise, mock, or insult about - unless you dearly love to see somebody else abusing you in a similar way. What goes around, eventually comes around. In this thread, you are aggressing because some people decided to something you idelogically disagree with? What are you? Religious police?

Now creep back into systemd threads and run amok there. This ain't systemd thread.

Comment

• Part of the confusion with Arch Linux may be that /sbin, /bin, /lib are SYMLINKS (arrrgh!) to /usr/bin, lib etc. So if someone goes in /usr/lib thinking it's safe to delete libraries and fix it later (e.g. with a make install of something) they might delete something critical that used to be in /lib, for example.

With Arch, you have to behave yourself a little or you'll break it (it's also a rolling release etc.)

Comment

I said no such thing. I simply confirmed "Yes" when it asked me to remove libsystemd because it conflicted with systemd-libs. If I didn't, then the VM would be worthless anyway. Unless you refer to the first part, which I've simply overlaid squashfs + tmpfs on /usr and that worked fine until I had to unmount it, but that didn't brick anything though. Still systemd annoyance.
                      AHAHAHAHA you attempted to remove systemd and it bricked your system? You must be the dumbest guy on the planet actually. Your parents should be fined.

Like I said the command I gave leads to that conflict and I don't give a single fuck of what you say.
                      Yes, you don't give a single fuck that you look like a total noob. Your command is similar to deltree c:\windows\system you monkey.

I don't know the exact output because I don't want to redownload the iso just to satisfy a piece of shit like you. If you want it so much then YOU do it yourself and find out exactly what it is.
                      Satisfy me? Don't get me wrong here my sweet fucknoob, I couldn't care less if you fix your problem. I'm not the one blasting systemd because I'm clueless and broke my OS.

I simply asked for the complete command and output, so we can all laugh at you when we see exactly what you did. But anyway you have explained it well enough, we have enough to laugh now

Because clearly the fact I said about what happened (the libsystemd conflict) is not enough and you need copy-pasta, and I'm simply not going to waste my time on this because of you since clearly you'll just claim I "made it up" anyway, don't make me laugh.
                      Don't worry, I got it and it's enough. You're a raging noob that much is obvious. Why are you acting like you aren't?

It's obviously a packager's problem. But it is with systemd. He messed up due to systemd. If there was no systemd, there would be no packaging problem. Really simple.
                      Removing systemd components and bricking your system is your problem and nobody elses. You're an idiot.

Omg just stfu with your stupid anecdotes, you think this is the first time I used such a VM? Are you fucking stupid? I've used them at least 10 times by now, the squashfs thing was like a year ago if not more.
                      I think this is your first time on a computer. Or you're a baboon.

Sometimes I encounter such problems in the VM, doing the exact same things. In these cases, sometimes, IT IS ALWAYS A SYSTEMD-RELATED PROBLEM. Even if it's not the fault of systemd directly, it's still related to it.
                      It's related to you having no fucking idea what you're doing and you are hellbent on not learning lmfao.

I don't believe in such coincidences.
                      Facts are hard to deal with when you're a complete retard.

You haven't provided a single proof you fucking moron, all you provided ae anecdotes nobody gives a shit about.
                      You're withholding the proof you idiot, I asked for it but you refused to give it. The proof of burden is on you fucktard.

I told you already what conflict I got. I told you how to reproduce it exactly with which live iso as well. What kind of proof do you want? A copy pasted log? I can easily make that up just as well and I know you'll whine like a bitch if I did, claiming I made it up after I wasted time redownloading the thing again. Because that's how kids work, I'm all too familiar with it.
                      See above, if it's removing systemd then you're still a retard.

Frankly I'm done with you since I simply don't give a shit of your opinion anymore. Bury your head in the sand some more.
                      Actually, it's not about my opinion. It's a fact that what you attempted to do makes you an idiot noob. Burying in sand is exactly what you're doing how does it feel to embarass yourself in front of the entire phoronix forum?

Comment

Working...
                      X