Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd-Free Debian "Devuan" Planning Their First Developer Gathering This Spring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hreindl View Post
    because i did not live undr a stone in the past decade?
    You sure seem to.
    Originally posted by hreindl View Post
    yeah, what a grown up reaction when got proven to talk bullshit or better outright lies
    Are YOU really trying to talk about "grown up reaction", ROFL..
    who cares about other operating systems in 2019?
    Pretty stupid opinion, considering that except for web servers, it's more often than not (~60-70% depending of the exact type of organization) actually Windows servers running in companies/organization's intranet's. No good free alternative to MS's integrated business software solutions. Cheaper to pay than develop own or use haphazardly fitting puzzle of free components, which upon failures are costing more in interrupted work. Linux's share there is about 10-15%.

well, and i run everything on a single RAID10 SSD Fedora machine for many years
    Get over the opinion that you equal the Universum. Serious problem with ego.
    Last edited by aht0; 03-17-2019, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• Well, if it annoys you, keep away. Simple.
      Since you seem to offer free neurological diagnosis, yours is "obsessive-compulsive behaviour". Once you notice news item even remotely related to somebody ditching systemd, you cannot keep away.

From one angle it is funny as hell watching you two raging and from the other, it's plain pathetic.

Comment

summary: your problem with systemd is that it don't care for other operating systems and hence make use of Linux capabilities without compromises

so be it, then don't use Linux and you are done, it's that easy

you need it for your job?
        seek a different one where you can take control over your little world, it's that easy
        Says the retard who whines in a Devuan thread about it. Don't like it and systemd bashing? Then seek a different thread praising your systemd wife. It's that easy.

Comment

read that fucking thread from the begin!

i didn't care of it as long systemd-haters did not stop spear lies and FUD again and so why can't you little fuckers just not use whatever and shut up instead talk about things you don't understand?
          No YOU shut the fuck up because you're lying like a piece of shit when I know that I got that conflict and you didn't even try it so STFU.

Just because YOU claim something is a lie doesn't make it so. In fact, you are the one lying, and anyone who wants to see it for themselves can follow the procedure to get that conflict.

Now shut the fuck up hypocrite.

Comment

sadly someone deleted your last comment with likely foam in front of the mouth i wanted to see :-)
            It was me. I decided you are not worth my time for constant back-and-forth and I have better things to do.

Your "hard facts" amounted to correcting my assumption about ifconfig pushed aside by systemd. That was sole fact you were correct in.

Rest of the crap you been posting amounts to claiming "systemd works fine for me although I have to disable parts of it that doesn't work". Contradiction in itself.

Rest of it from you was pure denial and ceaseless immature personal attacks.

Comment

• I neither drink, smoke nor tolerate childish zealots with a narrower worldview than worm's asshole​​​.

All that I think now seeing any of your posts, is backquoting yourself

"Bla"

Comment

• Bla

Systemd thread for you
                https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...wn-OCI-Runtime

Comment

• Originally posted by aht0 View Post
                  Ifconfig is ONLY deprecated on GNU/Linux. It's still standard network configuration utility across BSD's, Solaris variants, OSX and commercial Unices (like AIX).
                  Solaris and AIX are more or less deprecated whole and MacOS isn't designed for using commandline nor calling commandline tools to do shit. It's actually just BSDs that still use it in real deployments.
                  But still, that's not the main point.
                  So, tell me one good reason to start using another utilities (iproute2 package) when these are not used anywhere besides Linux AND offer less verbose and machine-readable/parsable output to top it off.
                  https://unix.stackexchange.com/quest...-pros-and-cons

tl;dr: Linux's ifconfig is not the same as BSD's (so any point about inter-interoperability is bullshit, it's just a different tool with the same name) as on BSD it is using a BSD-only kernel interface.
                  Due to this reason it has deficiencies and can't work on various modern network configurations.
                  Since this was more or less a big undertaking it was worth it to write something like ip that combines the functionality of ifconfig, route, arp, and ndp as with the better linux-only interface you could do that so why the fuck not.

Comment

Working...
                  X