Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd-Free Debian "Devuan" Planning Their First Developer Gathering This Spring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hreindl View Post
    *lol* but yours do? :-)
    I specifically wrote "problems as I see them".

You two keep presenting yours as Universal Ultimate Truths.

Until now all I've seen of your knowledge is calling others " idiots" with very little else. Because once I see such statement I simply skip rest of your post and when your insults go too childish, just flag it for admin. Sure as hell I won't bother reading past childish raving.

Comment

• Originally posted by aht0 View Post
      I specifically wrote "problems as I see them".
      mostly your compulsive neurosis with little hard facts

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
      You two keep presenting yours as Universal Ultimate Truths.
      nope, only that systemd don't eat your kittens which is fact

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
      Until now all I've seen of your knowledge is calling others " idiots" with very little else. Because once I see such statement I simply skip rest of your post and when your insults go too childish, just flag it for admin. Sure as hell I won't bother reading past childish raving.
      couldn't care less

Comment

• Originally posted by arokh View Post
        asically, you don't know what you're talking about.
        nope, he is one out of 5 or 6 annyoing fools with always the same bullshit on each and every topic leaded by Weasel which shows the stupidity he is proud of at *every* topic no matter systemd or not

Comment

• Well, if it annoys you, keep away. Simple.
          Since you seem to offer free neurological diagnosis, yours is "obsessive-compulsive behaviour". Once you notice news item even remotely related to somebody ditching systemd, you cannot keep away.

From one angle it is funny as hell watching you two raging and from the other, it's plain pathetic.

Comment

You haven't pointed out a single technical problem with systemd (not one!), only misconceptions and personal opinion. And sorry, your basic code snippets does not give you any authority in claims like "Wrong approach to development." regarding a major open source system and service manager.

It's hilarious, the keywords "binary logs" and "monolithic" is repeated in every clueless person's ramblings about systemd. I'm not even going to bother explaining why, as I've seen your handle in other systemd discussions and I'm sure you've seen the answer to that. Basically, you don't know what you're talking about.
            last "code snippet" I made for money involved 50k LOC and I've written longer things. Just plain lacking time after I got kid. Protestant cultures prefer not to brag. About authority - haven't seen a thing you two have written, besides flaming here.

Attack surface - pretty logical. For example I remember not just one but three CVE's from January 2019. I'ts various components have had plenty of CVE's over the years, some being exploitable for a long time (year+) before getting fixed.

About systemd affecting various software projects its functionalities it has annexed - it does not need "proving",it's self-evident.

Comment

About systemd affecting various software projects its functionalities it has annexed - it does not need "proving",it's self-evident.
              Look at this guy, who uses words like "annexed"... Do you sniff your own farts while you come up with this stuff?

At the end of the day, you simply have no clue about open source and how the players within work. Systemd has been chosen because it's technically superior. It's simply more effective than the projects it's "annexed". Every distribution could choose to not use systemd or just use parts of it. This notion that Redhat is somehow forcing it on people is completely absurd.

50k LOC..... Do you even github? Do you have a single line of public code? Have you participated in any open source projects?

Oh and btw, I'm not raging I am writing this with a perfect 40 beats per minute pulse and a smile on my face sipping my coffee.

Comment

Attack surface - pretty logical. For example I remember not just one but three CVE's from January 2019
                problem is your biased view and the loud cry of some fools, on every other software updates are installed and people move on

https://resources.whitesourcesoftwar...lities-in-2018

* Mon Feb 25 2019
                - Linux v4.20.12
                - Fix CVE-2019-8980 (rhbz 1679972 1679974)

* Wed Feb 20 2019
                - Linux v4.20.11
                - Fix CVE-2019-8912 (rhbz 1678685 1678686)

* Fri Feb 15 2019
                - Linux v4.20.10

* Tue Feb 12 2019
                - Linux v4.20.8
                - Fixes CVE-2019-7221 (rhbz 1671904 1673676)
                - Fixes CVE-2019-6974 (rhbz 1671913 1673681)
                - Fixes CVE-2019-7222 (rhbz 1671930 1673686)

* Mon Jan 28 2019
                - Linux v4.20.5
                - Fix CVE-2018-16880 (rhbz 1656472 1669545)

* Mon Jan 14 2019
                - Linux v4.19.15
                - Fix CVE-2019-3459 and CVE-2019-3460 (rbhz 1663176 1663179 1665925)

* Wed Jan 09 2019
                - Fix CVE-2019-3701 (rhbz 1663729 1663730)
                Last edited by hreindl; 03-14-2019, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• As if the attack surface is any smaller if you use other apps in place of systemd components. Where's the hard numbers saying Linux with systemd is more exploited or has more exploits in general? Just another idiotic argument. Systemd haters should simply be told to shut up or provide better code. We've heard all your ramblings before, nobody gives a shit you are just noise.

Comment

As if the attack surface is any smaller if you use other apps in place of systemd components. Where's the hard numbers saying Linux with systemd is more exploited or has more exploits in general?
                    there are none!

the difference is when you have 3 security issues in 3 different components not from the same project that the fools argue that way only face one of them at time with no common context and no common project name to point with their dirty fingers - these fools have a complete biased view of the world

here some issues in initscripts (10 seconds google and there are for sure enough similar nobody is aware of) which would have been not be possible with systemd units

my "mysqld" was not vulnerable becasue i switched away from mysqld_safe to systemd-unit with "Restart=always" which is the whole point of the vulerable wrapper years ago

given the amount of hardening options in systemd-units which we use excessive fact is that systemd closed more potential security issues than it ever opened because it closes a whole group of attacks completly and forever instead race conditions and copy&paste boilerplate bullshit in initscripts all over the planet

https://www.cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2017-14798/
                    https://www.cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2011-0460/
                    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1640321
                    https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu...016-10089.html

Comment

• Originally posted by hreindl View Post
                      *lol* but yours do? :-)
                      Indeed, since believe it or not, neither me nor him give a shit about you and when we usually post "for other people" we don't particularly give a shit about you or arokh.

Unlike you, when you mention me in half of your posts that I don't even read except by accident.

No, you see, there's other people on this forum than you or arokh. It might be shocking to you, I know.

Comment

Working...
                      X