Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Systemd-Free Debian "Devuan" Planning Their First Developer Gathering This Spring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by arokh View Post
    AHAHAHAHA you attempted to remove systemd and it bricked your system? You must be the dumbest guy on the planet actually. Your parents should be fined.
    Ok, you're officially brain dead.

    Here's some facts you clearly can't comprehend because you're an escaped monkey from the zoo:
    • This was a VM with a live iso of Arch to test some stuff.
    • I've done this at least 10 times before and worked just fine.
    • The entire fucking purpose of this VM was to install those packages and test some stuff. The VM itself lived in tmpfs, yes that's how little I gave a shit of its persistence (a reboot and it's totally gone).
    • I got a conflict when installing those packages. If I said NO to not remove that piece of shit, then what the FUCK was the purpose of the VM at all, to eat my tmpfs space? Without removing that conflict, I might as well have never ran the VM in the first place, because its value would be literally zero. Wheras a half-broken system still had uses because it was easily repaired and then I got on my way, after wasting 5 minutes due to piece of shit systemd.
    Are you seriously that retarded?

    Originally posted by arokh View Post
    Satisfy me? Don't get me wrong here my sweet fucknoob, I couldn't care less if you fix your problem. I'm not the one blasting systemd because I'm clueless and broke my OS.
    Fix what? I already fixed it by copying all the files back from the iso (and not replacing any), since it was a temporary VM, I couldn't care less. In fact, I mentioned this in the FIRST post about it. The FIRST post!!!

    You think I posted here to ask for advice from noobs like you? I never even intended to address morons in the first place, YOU addressed me first, so get lost kid.

    I simply stated that it is ALWAYS systemd that gets in my way and I have issues with all the live iso tests in VMs only due to systemd.
    Last edited by Weasel; 03-05-2019, 07:12 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by arokh View Post

      Why would _anyone_ go in /usr/lib and delete anything (especially if you don't know what you're doing)? It's a system directory and should be handled by a package manager,period.



      This has nothing to do with Arch. Do stupid shit get stupid results.
      It's my system and I'll go where I like. I used to do all that stuff by hand, and manually delete includes and libraries to upgrade to new. I could even find them based on last modified timestamps if the naming conventions weren't obvious. For years, I didn't even have package management on my LFS systems. Even if I used a "distro" I'd never install another distro package again after the initial install. I DO know what I'm doing and I'm trying to do things differently, this time, with Arch, so I can just use pacman and AUR. I'm even keeping compiled stuff in /usr/local to a minimum (there are still some things I want done a certain way though).

      Note: One good thing about maintaining your own software by hand is that you get to decide where it goes and you can compartmentalize for easier maintenance. (for example, --prefix=/opt/kde)

      I like (maybe even love) the distro, and I'm OK with it because I discovered it on my first "ls -l" and I know what pitfalls it represents, but doing stupid things like making /bin and /lib symlinks so you can dump everything in /usr is "stupid shit that gets stupid results" like making the system more fragile AND more difficult for an old school user (i.e. manually finding things) without sticking to the Arch way of doing things. Not to mention wanting /usr on a separate filesystem (I don't) and not using an initrd for your kernel would be a non-starter.

      The Arch distro can be easy to break, if you don't stick to the plan.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by hreindl View Post
        learning to solve dependency problems or realize that you are an idiot
        You realize it doesn't matter, right? The moment I have to solve a problem cause BY THE EXISTENCE OF SYSTEMD is the moment you've already lost all credibility you fucking idiot because you've just proven me right, as usual.

        If I waste even 1 second to read a message due to systemd and I have to "solve" it no matter how trivial it is to do so, then my point stands that it got in my way. End of fucking story. Moron.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Weasel View Post
          [...snipped it all...]
          .
          Look, you're arguing with a troll. You will not get anywhere. It's here to troll you and get you angry. It's the purpose of the troll.
          Dismiss it, and the troll will go back under the bridge. Don't feed the trolls.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bsdisbetter View Post
            Why are you so irate at this person?
            Because he's wrong on the internet. Seriously though, he is I think bashing a free and open source project that has completely revolutionized Linux and made everyone's lives better for absolute horseshit reasons is just insane and I reserve the right to confront him about it. As you can see he has 0 bug reports, 0 forum topics about it, 0 mailing list submissions and 0 knowledge about Linux in general. He is furious that we do not accept his word for his imaginary problem due to systemd.

            Do you employ them?
            No.

            Have you suffered some financial loss because of his actions?
            No.

            It seems most of the comments I read here are haters of Devuan because they hate systemd and/or are just looking for a fight. I think you're called trolls...
            You must be new to this place. Enter any thread that has anything to do with systemd or even remotely related and you'll see the shitstorm Weasel and his likeminded are responsible for. For christ's sake, people like him created Devuan they are similar to flatearthers

            You must be a real blast in real life; the absolute life of the party.
            I am a party animal actually, thanks for noticing.

            Just relax, go over to a pro-systemd forum and preach to the converted.
            Sorry, there is no such place we have been invaded everywhere. Might as well break them down one by one by showing how little they actually know, they seem to be completely new to Linux and yet they manage to have strong hate for something they know absolutely zero about.

            Devuan is a great system that meets my needs on one system, good on the devs for organizing a conference. Now, move on.
            Good on you. Now move on and let me bash this noob in peace.

            Originally posted by Weasel View Post
            You realize it doesn't matter, right? The moment I have to solve a problem cause BY THE EXISTENCE OF SYSTEMD is the moment you've already lost all credibility you fucking idiot because you've just proven me right, as usual.
            ROFL so in any package conflict, the problem is always because of _THE EXISTENCE_ of the conflicting package and that means it's shit? Great logic there buddy! NOT! You don't even understand the reasons of the conflict and you are sitting here arguing that the problem is systemd ahahah I actually never saw such a complete fucknoob like you in my over two decades of Linux use.

            If I waste even 1 second to read a message due to systemd and I have to "solve" it no matter how trivial it is to do so, then my point stands that it got in my way. End of fucking story. Moron.
            I just ran this command: pacman -R glibc

            It won't let me do it! GLIBC IS SHIT!!!

            Dude, you are so stupid that you made me a troll. Anyway, I probably wasted enough time talking to this noobwall for now. Enjoy your blissfull ignorance, I'm quite sure that you still don't understand how incompetent you are.
            Last edited by arokh; 03-06-2019, 06:24 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by arokh View Post

              ... blah blah blah... I reserve the right to confront him about it. As you can see he has 0 bug reports, 0 forum topics about it, 0 mailing list submissions and 0 knowledge about Linux in general. He is furious that we do not accept his word for his imaginary problem due to systemd.
              So you're the self appointed guardian of this all-saving software? It seems to me if it was that great it would not need defending.
              And defending from what? Someone's opinion?
              You and the ones you argue with have clearly shown no desire to change your opinions.

              So, in essence you are a mad man; arguing the same argument but expecting a different result each time and yet receiving the same every time.

              Puerile nonsense.

              Originally posted by arokh View Post
              You must be new to this place. Enter any thread that has anything to do with systemd or even remotely related and you'll see the shitstorm Weasel and his likeminded are responsible for. For christ's sake, people like him created Devuan they are similar to flatearthers
              It was ok until all the systemd zealots arrived and stirred the pot. Zealots on either side are just idiots with a goal.

              Incidentally, you go on about FOSS projects like systemd and then decry Devuan, a FOSS project. Blind rage. So you hate them because they dismiss systemd.
              Does it affect you if they produce such a product? Is it such an affront to your zealotry that you cannot stand any support for them? My oh my, what a tragic life you lead.

              Originally posted by arokh View Post
              I am a party animal actually, thanks for noticing.
              Then you woke up...

              Originally posted by arokh View Post
              Sorry, there is no such place we have been invaded everywhere. Might as well break them down one by one by showing how little they actually know, they seem to be completely new to Linux and yet they manage to have strong hate for something they know absolutely zero about.
              It seems like the seige mentality is alive and kicking in your idealogue.

              Originally posted by arokh View Post
              Good on you. Now move on and let me bash this noob in peace.
              Go ahead, keyboard warriors are a dime a dozen; almost as prolific as trolls.

              Comment


              • I like you, Bsdisbetter

                I've been skimming this thread watching in amazement as it progresses, seemingly with no end in sight. You've been saying some of the things I've thought of saying. I don't know how fruitful your words will be though. We all learn at our own pace. Maybe something you've said will plant a seed though.

                It really is true that before you can "fix the world", you should first fix yourself. After fixing yourself you may even find that the world never did need fixing. It only seemed like the world was broken, because you were looking at it through your own broken lens.

                I say those last words to myself as well as anyone else who cares to listen.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
                  I like you, Bsdisbetter

                  I've been skimming this thread watching in amazement as it progresses, seemingly with no end in sight. You've been saying some of the things I've thought of saying. I don't know how fruitful your words will be though. We all learn at our own pace. Maybe something you've said will plant a seed though.

                  It really is true that before you can "fix the world", you should first fix yourself. After fixing yourself you may even find that the world never did need fixing. It only seemed like the world was broken, because you were looking at it through your own broken lens.

                  I say those last words to myself as well as anyone else who cares to listen.
                  Thanks, it's a bit like being a nurse in a lunatic asylum; the patients all have delusions about what is right or wrong and you attempt to medicate them into sanity... :-)
                  Of course, I failed to reach the zealots, but fundamentalism is dangerously addictive it appears.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Bsdisbetter View Post

                    Thanks, it's a bit like being a nurse in a lunatic asylum; the patients all have delusions about what is right or wrong and you attempt to medicate them into sanity... :-)
                    Indeed. I often feel like that. However, I think that this world is like an onion layered / Russian-doll style insane asylum. If I find myself laughing at or trying to help people in one layer, the joke is really on me, because I'm, often unwittingly, a patient in a layer only one up from the layer where they are. In my layer, I'm equally as insane as them; just in a different, as yet, undiscovered way.

                    Comment


                    • I share that feeling of this being an insane asylum. Then you two suddenly ran into my padded room and started jerking eachother off.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X