Khronos Gears Up For A Busy GDC 2019 With Vulkan, OpenXR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mike456 View Post
    Waiting for OpenXR 1.0 to use my Samsung Odyssey also on Linux.
    Already possible, OpenHMD supports the WMR headsets on Linux (http://www.openhmd.net/index.php/devices/) together with SteamVR-OpenHMD thats a killer combo

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      i have no issues with translation. i have issues with math. it is a multiplication of two probabilities (like "more than 50%" * "less than 50%"), so i wonder what is the result
      Words have nuances. To me, the phrase "probably unlikely" conveys a sense of speculation about the unlikeliness of the event. It suggests he's guessing, rather than basing his projection on more definitive facts.

Comment

Originally posted by coder View Post
        Words have nuances. To me, the phrase "probably unlikely" conveys a sense of speculation about the unlikeliness of the event. It suggests he's guessing, rather than basing his projection on more definitive facts.
        wouldn't just "unlikely" convey non-definitive nature?

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
          wouldn't just "unlikely" convey non-definitive nature?
          Well, I would say "seems unlkely", to indicate that I'm speculating its probability to be low, rather than basing it on strong supporting facts.

So, I'm not exactly endorsing the phrase "probably unlikely" - just trying to share a bit of insight.

Comment

Well, I would say "seems unlkely", to indicate that I'm speculating its probability to be low, rather than basing it on strong supporting facts.

So, I'm not exactly endorsing the phrase "probably unlikely" web-site just trying to share a bit of insight.
            I also having this issue, please help me!

Comment

Working...
            X