Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOSDEM 19 Is Happening In Just Three Weeks, There Will Once Again Be A Graphics Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOSDEM 19 Is Happening In Just Three Weeks, There Will Once Again Be A Graphics Room

Phoronix: FOSDEM 19 Is Happening In Just Three Weeks, There Will Once Again Be A Graphics Room

If you are able to make it to Brussels, Belgium in three weeks, the wonderful FOSDEM event is taking place as easily one of the best open-source/Linux events in the world and it's free to attend...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'll be there for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by 144Hz View Post
      Best beers. Best fries. Best conference.
      I'm rather partial to CfgMgmtCamp myself; the days after FOSDEM, in Ghent, and with free beer on the first evening.

But it's nowhere near FOSDEM in size, that's for sure.

Comment

You would have us believe, Michael you cannot go there because of the loss of income due to adblocking...

But i have a more plausible explanation. You site is popular enough that some Belgian there saw one of your posts praising GERMAN beer ! Oh sweet summer child i can imagine the horrific reaction of my compatriots. I live in Brussels and nobody knows i like to have a Carlsberg from time to time.

I am glad i am sort Belgian by birth or the Appeals Court could strip me of my citizenship only for that.
        Last edited by Dedale; 14 January 2019, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedale View Post
          You would have us believe, Michael you cannot go there because of the loss of income due to adblocking...

But i have a more plausible explanation. You site is popular enough that some Belgian there saw one of your posts praising GERMAN beer ! Oh sweet summer child i can imagine the horrific reaction of my compatriots. I live in Brussels and nobody knows i like to have a Karlsberg from time to time.

I am glad i am sort Belgian by birth or the Appeals Court could strip me of my citizenship only for that.
          There is nothing wrong liking both Belgian and German beer.

it is hard to even compare since Belgian is more focused on strong alcohol and flavour types while germans are more in lager and weissbier.
          Last edited by cen1; 13 January 2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

But i have a more plausible explanation. You site is popular enough that some Belgian there saw one of your posts praising GERMAN beer ! Oh sweet summer child i can imagine the horrific reaction of my compatriots. I live in Brussels and nobody knows i like to have a Karlsberg from time to time.

It's OK. Carlsberg is my favourite lager as well, and this is coming from someone who grew up 5 kms away from Jupiler brewery (belgian most sold lager).

When it comes to real beer, the Brussels Beer Project has my vote. The Delta IPA or Dark Sister (black IPA) have been destroying the traditional trappist (and abbey) beers lately, and (as opposed to trappist) they don't have added sugar. The organic Moinette is also a great day-to-day beer.

Anyway, I won't be attending. I have a... whisky tasting weekend planned out of Brussels that weekend.

Comment

Ah so this is why open source is compared to beer ok

Comment

Micheal, please consider doing some GoFundMe, Patreon,or whatever to finance your conferences visit projects.

I personally viscerally hate ads, and will never ever let a single one reach my browser. Ever.
                But that doesn't prevent me from sending tips (long time ago) or becoming a premium subscriber (more recently).
                I might even drop extra if you organise some crowd-funding for your reporting travels.

That might also be the case with the other web-cancer haters.

Comment

@Michael: I cannot pay for your flight, but I can offer you a comfortable couch and breakfast in Brussels, at 20 minutes walking from ULB.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Carlsberg is from Denmark, not Germany. I've never heard of Karlsberg with a K, there is of course Karlsquell which is the Aldi store brand and a favorite among the homeless and unemployed, while I don't discriminate on taste that should get you chased out of Brussels post-haste.

Comment

Working...
                    X