Fedora Is Looking For Your Feedback On A New Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both are very nice. Good job!
    Maybe they could help LibreOffice to get a logo.

Comment

1, but still old is better

Comment

1 is much harder to read at small sizes, and the skew drop has been overused and nearly everything looks like that thesedays.

Comment

I agree old is better. Fedora Core 4 had a much more professional art style IMO. (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...ora_Core_4.png). And even that ancient version of Gnome 2 was more usable in general
          Booting it up and people think you are running a Facebook OS is probably quite embarrasing for Fedora users surely?

Otherwise the first one. The top heavy version of the infinity sign looks a bit weird.

Comment

People love being asked for an opinion. Especially the ones least qualified to give one

Comment

Until this article and posts in the comment section, I never noticed the infinity symbol part of the Fedora logo. I thought it was a "stylized F" with "d" on the bottom.

If Fedora seriously can't use a fedora as a logo....they need to pick a different name for their distribution or renegotiate their trademark/branding agreements with Red Hat. Y'all use a red hat as a logo, we'll use a blue fedora as a logo, what y'all do red, we'll do blue -- now there are consistent branding and style guidelines between the two.

SUSE & OpenSUSE share branding and styles and it makes both look and feel professional. Red Hat and Fedora should do something similar.

Comment

I like the one now. I can't stand all the attention given to logos. Im not a teenage girl.

Comment

I'm glad they fixed everything else wrong with this distro so they can now concentrate finding a new logo.

Comment

So, for a simple logo they ask for feedback, but for putting unique identifiers to help tracking and spyware, they don't care about asking for feedback.
                    I've seen in the past distros developers getting low, but the ones building Fedora seem to surpass everyone.
                    I will never understand why the users of such distros don't mind being asked on not-import questions and not being asked on important ones like privacy damaging changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                      So, for a simple logo they ask for feedback, but for putting unique identifiers to help tracking and spyware, they don't care about asking for feedback.
                      I've seen in the past distros developers getting low, but the ones building Fedora seem to surpass everyone.
                      I will never understand why the users of such distros don't mind being asked on not-import questions and not being asked on important ones like privacy damaging changes.
                      The UUID proposal is being rescinded and reworked quite literally due to the feedback on the development mailing list. Seriously, just read the Fedora mailing list archives and you'll see that every single change is posted for feedback, and that feedback is taken into account.

Comment

Working...
                      X