Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanL View Post
    Shut up.
    Congratulations, you've just earned your first Logo CoC demerit point. I hope you're proud of yourself. You kkk hitler nazi.

Comment

Not going to edit to make sure you see my above post, but I actually like 1 and 2 of editing it this way. it convey the same logo that Fedora currently has with one color, and the f kinda has an optical illusion of popping out.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
        Not going to edit to make sure you see my above post, but I actually like 1 and 2 of editing it this way. it convey the same logo that Fedora currently has with one color, and the f kinda has an optical illusion of popping out.
        The problem is the thick lines you have added make it into a stencil. There's a bunch of reasons why a stencil type of shape is something we want to avoid. If you search for 'stencil' on my blog post you'll see them or I can copy/paste them here if you'd like.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

While I can see the issues with screen printing (though really you just need Red Hat to give you guys more cash for the purpose because that's a cost limitation not a technical one),
          No, it actually is a technical one. Have you ordered branded swag before? Often many items are specifically marked as one-color only. There's a number of reasons why specific products are only recommended to be branded one color, but, some the vendor will just not do in more than one color. I am not a full brand catalog personalization expert, but I imagine based on the different surfaces and shapes (e.g. a curved cup, whatever) it may be particularly challenging to align the multiple screens required for more than one color so to control quality the vendors only allow single color designs on specific branded objects.

I have actually ordered swag, and we have been limited in item choice because our logo is not one-colorable.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
            Congratulations, you've just earned your first Logo CoC demerit point. I hope you're proud of yourself. You kkk hitler nazi.
            Do you like birds?

Comment

I like the one proposed for the IoT to be used for all flavors. Only with 7 columns and 4 rows.
              It will be most relevant to what fedora does (push dates.)

Comment

I don't really see any notable difference between #1 and #2. Like the first 2 icons have a background or not, and some color intensity. All the same altogether. Even Mass Effect 3 ending had 3 colors to choose from. Come on, IBM, you can do better.

Comment

Originally posted by finalzone View Post
                  No hat allowed by trademark rules.
                  Isn't Fedora owned by RedHat anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                    Do you like birds?
                    Not particularly. Like SJW's, they fly in, shit everywhere, then fly away.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      Isn't Fedora owned by RedHat anyway?
                      Still is much like CentOS and CoreOS which are owned by Red Hat. Very similar to say Honda<->Acura, Toyota<->Lexus, Ford<->Lincoln as an example.
                      Last edited by finalzone; 11 January 2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X