Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fedora Is Looking For Your Feedback On A New Logo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fedora Is Looking For Your Feedback On A New Logo

    Phoronix: Fedora Is Looking For Your Feedback On A New Logo

    Longtime Red Hat / Fedora designer Máirín Duffy has shared some proposals for a new Fedora logo and the lengths they are going to in coming up with this new logo/marks...

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...2019-Proposals

  • #2
    I prefer the first one.

    No, actually, I prefer staying with the old logo. The "F" was clearer.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      No, actually, I prefer staying with the old logo. The "F" was clearer.
      x2, neither of these are better than the existing logo.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
        x2, neither of these are better than the existing logo.
        x3 they're all worse compared to the existing logo.

        Comment


        • #5
          None of the proposals have a hat, so I say burn it all down.

          Comment


          • #6
            Why not just redhat logo with blue color !

            Comment


            • #7
              As explained on the blog related on the current logo:
              • It doesn't work well at small sizes
              • It doesn't work at all in a single color
              • It's hard to work with on a dark background
              If you take a close look to the current logo, the infinity symbol (part of the branding) appearing in a light blue got lost in black and white background so the goal is to rectify that problem.

              Why not just redhat logo with blue color !
              No hat allowed by trademark rules.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by finalzone View Post
                As explained on the blog related on the current logo:
                • It doesn't work well at small sizes
                • It doesn't work at all in a single color
                • It's hard to work with on a dark background
                If you take a close look to the current logo, the infinity symbol (part of the branding) appearing in a light blue got lost in black and white background so the goal is to rectify that problem.


                No hat allowed by trademark rules.
                Fair enough, but what's wrong with having some kind of logo where you can actually recognize the "f" without mental gymnastics? I though deviantArt's logo change was ill-considered and I feel the same here.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

                  Fair enough, but what's wrong with having some kind of logo where you can actually recognize the "f" without mental gymnastics? I though deviantArt's logo change was ill-considered and I feel the same here.
                  In this case, Fedora logo is not a redesign unlike DevianArt but a refresh similar to Mozilla Firefox circa 2004-present. The candidates still retain some key elements from the current version and the final version will receive tweaks based on feedbacks.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The actual Fedora logo can sometimes be confounded with Facebook's one which is annoying.
                    I like the first proposition here.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X