Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uid313
    replied
    What I am looking forward to or hoping for.
    • Firefox supporting Wayland.
    • Chrome supporting Wayland.
    • Firefox switching to the WebRender engine.
    • Better Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, 845 and 855 support.
    • Ubuntu finally switching over to a new version of Nautilus.
    • Maybe a new Raspberry Pi 4.
    • GIMP with GTK 3.
    • VLC media player to get a refreshed UI.
    • Atom and VS Code to update Electron to version 4. Maybe we can have Wayland support soon?
    • Open source announcements from Microsoft.

Leave a comment:

• CochainComplex
    replied
    Michael nice compilation!

Leave a comment:

• Azrael5
    replied
    1. the possibility to see HD video contents by Nvidia GPus on Tv platforms as Netflix or Prime Tv;
    2. an efficient NETWORK free from SAMBA working when the internal firewall is enabled;
    3. a safe removal tool for USB devices in the notification area unmount-independent;
    4. the monitor driver fix able to be detected for a better browser integration in the Ubuntu distros.
    Last edited by Azrael5; 02 January 2019, 04:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ryad
    replied
    I'm also hyped for that adaptive sync release.
    One question regarding it: Did I understand correctly that if I built bleeding edge linux-git and mesa-git right now, adaptive sync should be available? Did I also understand the patch note correctly, that adaptive sync should be enabled by default and more or less "out-of-the-box"? Would I see something like "variable_refresh_rate" in xrandr?

Thanks and best regards!

Leave a comment:

• antnythr
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattia_98 View Post
    What I am looking forward the most of these is AdaptiveSync support. I get tearing just watching YT videos sometimes. Do you think It's gonna get out-of-the-box support in Ubuntu 19.04 ?
    Take a look at some of these, as the options should be applicable regardless of which specific distro you’re using.

Intel: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...aphics#Tearing

Nvidia: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...screen_tearing

AMD: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...ormance_tuning

Leave a comment:

• L_A_G
    replied
    Definitely nice to see AMD's FreeSync code hitting mainline, albeit quite a bit later than originally expected in a heavily re-factored and thus more cross-vendor usable form. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I genuinely applaud them for going along with it, but it seems like that's become a theme with AMD's major additions to the DRM codebase.

Still, it makes me genuinely curious as to what's next as AFAIK that was the last really major thing on their Linux todo list. Are we going to see more performance improvements, additional Vulkan features being added quicker after the spec is finalized their and/or that long awaited GUI configuration utility similar to what's on Windows?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    What I am looking forward the most of these is AdaptiveSync support. I get tearing just watching YT videos sometimes. Do you think It's gonna get out-of-the-box support in Ubuntu 19.04 ?
    4.21 should be in Ubuntu 19.04.

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    Uh? I doubt adaptive sync is going to magically fix tearing youtube videos. Adaptive sync will normally be disabled on the desktop anyway. What DE and GPU are you using?

My guess is that Ubuntu 19.04 will have out-of-the-box support.

Leave a comment:

• Mattia_98
    replied

Leave a comment:

• From The Linux Perspective: What I Am Most Looking Forward To In 2019

Phoronix: From The Linux Perspective: What I Am Most Looking Forward To In 2019

With 2019 started and also the 15th year since starting Phoronix.com, what am I most excited for in 2019 from a Linux/open-source perspective? Here is a look at what has me motivated for the year ahead...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X