This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Something else failed and systemd is just what you decided to blame.
    Already switched over. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by re:fi.64 View Post
      Guest Do you mind sharing a bit more about the problem?
      Already switched over. Good Luck.

Comment

I would like to say that one of my reasons to love systemd are the timers for a cron replacement? Not only that they are MUCH easier to write, but for the first time I have usefull logs of my timers, compared to sometimes nothing, sometimes nonsense on cron.
        My co-worker (and systemd-hater, but his reason to hate it was the 3years of work to port the whole infrastruture to pure systemd) could fix 4 long standing bugs that happened only 2-3 times a year with cron.

What I still wish to get, would be a more dynamic environment.d that can run scripts/scriplets to generate some env vars. So we could phase out everything in /etc/profile.d

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
          I wonder if systemd development should try to synchronise with the distros' release cycles, maybe Ubuntu's since it's the major distro that releases the most often?
          fedora is the major distro that releases the most often. though it is downstream who synchronises with upstream and systemd doesn't do time-based releases

Comment

Originally posted by frank007 View Post
            I'm just switching from systemd to a different init system. I already experienced an unbootable system (doing nothing) because of it. That's all.
            well, thechnically you can treat crooked hands with guillotine
            I remember Sysvinit, I remeber how easy it was to manage, I remeber everythin,
            except the fact that you are unable to learn

Comment

Are you saying that before systemd no one was able to use Linux?
              are you saying that before computers and internet there was no life on earth? what are you doing here? go back to your cave

Comment

I already said all I wanted to say.
                if you are unhappy with replies, next time say it in front of mirror

Comment

At the moment this is the situation. Do you like an "under heavy development" OS? Feel free to use it, I do not call you insane. I want a different solution, I am a simple "Linux user" (not a sysadmin), and I want to keep my data safe in the hard disks. That's all.
                  so why did you choose an "under heavy development" os? and why did you choose to change its base system? this is not a task for "a simple linux user"?
                  simple linux user will not blame systemd for anything, he does not have skills and knowledge to pinpoint root cause of failure, he will just blame distro. so you are something else, you still have no knowledge, but you already have crooked hands to screw your system and blame someone else

Comment

Originally posted by doublez13 View Post
                    With RedHat being the developers of both Systemd and Firewalld,
                    redhat is not the developers of systemd

Comment

Already switched over. Good luck.
                      lol, you have so little luck, you should ask for it, not offer it

Comment

Working...
                      X