No announcement yet.

Debian's Anti-Harassment Team Is Removing A Package Over Its Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems that the pendulum has swung from prude or closeted Conservatives raging against sex, violence, and vulgarity in video and music industries, all the way to Liberals who suppress vulgarity, sex, and hateful speech in defense of individualism and hypothetical/perceived oppression. While it's important to learn from history as to avoid repeating mistakes, it should be stated that it's just as important to criticize and reassess those lessons periodically to avoid making the same or new mistakes in the name of progress.

On that note, I'm jumping out of this rabbit hole before I get labelled SJW2.0 (Social Justice Warrior)

Comment

• Really insane. What would be next?

Comment

• Originally posted by azdaha View Post
        It seems that the pendulum has swung from prude or closeted Conservatives raging against sex, violence, and vulgarity in video and music industries, all the way to Liberals who suppress vulgarity, sex, and hateful speech in defense of individualism and hypothetical/perceived oppression. While it's important to learn from history as to avoid repeating mistakes, it should be stated that it's just as important to criticize and reassess those lessons periodically to avoid making the same or new mistakes in the name of progress.

On that note, I'm jumping out of this rabbit hole before I get labelled SJW2.0 (Social Justice Warrior)
        Which has became form of oppression in itself. Situation, where you have to constantly try to figure out if some snowflake might get offended by something you do or plan to do, becomes in turn oppressive. To you.

Comment

• Originally posted by aht0 View Post

Which has became form of oppression in itself. Situation, where you have to constantly try to figure out if some snowflake might get offended by something you do or plan to do, becomes in turn oppressive. To you.
          Well, it doesn't help when you call people "Snowflake" or other names. That's not too difficult to figure out, though, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by azdaha View Post
            Well, it doesn't help when you call people "Snowflake" or other names. That's not too difficult to figure out, though, right?
            When you spend "mental processing time" trying to conform with their patterns of thought, you have already given them a finger. "Give devil a finger and he'll take your whole hand" is apt expression. Might as well show them that I despise them.

Comment

• I thought the discussion was over?

Comment

• Per my feelings that regard the letter "o" as offensive, I request that all Debian packages containing the letter "o" be removed in a prompt and timely manner so as not to further inflict undue emotional pain. Non-compliance of my request shall be deemed a hostile act and basis for formal complaints against the entire body of the "Debian Anti-Harassment Team".

Comment

• Originally posted by cheeseburger View Post
                  Per my feelings that regard the letter "" as ffensive, I request that all Debian packages cntaining the letter "" be remved in a prmpt and timely manner s as nt t further inflict undue emtinal pain. Nn-cmpliance f my request shall be deemed a hstile act and basis fr frmal cmplaints against the entire bdy f the "Debian Anti-Harassment Team".
                  Why s? By that definitin we all wuld be typing like this...
                  Last edited by tildearrow; 07 October 2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Why s? By that definitin we all wuld be typing like this...
                    I didn't exclude "o"s in my post and don't appreciate you removing them when you "quoted" me. Now, I didn't say "o"s are offensive in any context. The subject pertains to Debian package naming and therefore my post is in that context. That being the case, your above response is completely non-sensical. A little less whatever that's supposed to be and a little more thoughtfulness would be nice in any future replies.

Comment

Working...
                    X