Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onicsis View Post
    Why not just rename instead of remove
    That's maintenance burden. If people want that package in Debian will fork it at their own expense to rename it (or convince upstream to rename it) and submit again for inclusion.

Comment

• Some people never know where to stop. They take something good and then drive it to extremes until it turns bad.
      Probably at some point they'll remove man pages because they discriminate against women (and for those who think that's actually a valid point, man is short for manual).
      And remove that fsck tool, given what happens if you mistype its second letter. And probably cat has to go as well, it discriminates against dogs.
      And did I mention text editors that use a white background are racist?
      Also, we need to rethink what we label connectors and sockets in electronics, there's no way you have to plug a "female" connector into a "male" socket and vice versa. It prevents the LGBTQ+ community from using electronics. Not.

Comment

• Originally posted by berolinux View Post
        Probably at some point they'll remove man pages because they discriminate against women (and for those who think that's actually a valid point, man is short for manual).
        Thanks for mansplaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by teresaejunior View Post

Thanks for mansplaining.
          did you just assume HIS gender?!

Comment

• An upside to this is i now know what weboob is and they have tools that sound useful for me. I tested the lyrics finding tool and it works fine. I am struggling with the torrent finding one though. And seeing many of their developpers are French, they must be now laughing their @sses off at debian's political police. Also, my lazy self has now an interest in non debian-based distros.

Now, for something a little different but no less ridiculous, i heard that during the first docking between an US and soviet station a "unisex" connector was devised. I was unable to find a confirmation so it is maybe a dumb urban legend.

Still, i find that so many FOSS projects have a muttawa including Debian is very worrying. Whatever they choose to police is secondary.
            Last edited by Dedale; 21 December 2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by euler271 View Post
              did you just assume HIS gender?!
              No, he was explaining man pages = mansplaining

Comment

• Originally posted by teresaejunior View Post

No, he was explaining man pages = mansplaining
                that's actually quite clever. +1 like to you.

Comment

• I see this in a very simple way. When a technical project puts a non-technical(ie: an optional package's name being offensive to someone) reason over a technical one(a package already included in the repos being actually useful to ppl, currently maintained and upstream alive), that project made an error in judgement. simple as that.
                  Now, regarding if such a project has any right to do that or any other thing. Besides having to comply with its own internal rules, and be consistent with its goals, it absolutely has the right to do whatever the *hug* it wants. And, of course, ppl do have as well every right to laugh and criticize it for it.

Comment

• this doesn't seem to be the first package like that

Code:
                    ~$ apt-cache search bitchx
                    irssi-scripts - collection of scripts for irssi
                    pork - Console-based AOL Instant Messenger & IRC client

i could have sworn it was avaiable some releases ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                      Allah-boobs. Yeah right. Totally inconspicuous.

What about we don't pull religion in? We have already enough crazies to deal already, without calling fundamentalist idiots too.
                      Poor name choice. Try harder.

It's a basic concept of fighting fire with a fire.

Liberal extremists rarely take position against religious beliefs, especially beliefs of an "oppressed" - rather the opposite. Even if belief system in question is promoting literally everything they hate. Stupid but true. So, use it for your own advantage.

Comment

Working...
                      X