No announcement yet.

Debian's Anti-Harassment Team Is Removing A Package Over Its Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heavily lean Left, but I'm currently considering moving to the Right.

Initially I was kinda "triggered" by comments saying how 3rd wave of feminists, transgenderism, SJW's and such are mentally ill, but now I'm starting to see how deep the rabbit hole goes. The more I dig into these issues, the more I have to agree with the Right and their views on this.

I've been using Debian since 2005, but I'm considering moving to another distro. I have used Arch from 2013 to 2018 but had to move away from it because of a game development using Unreal Engine. Otherwise I'd stick with it.

I wonder if complaining here will help at all. Removing these people from software development isn't an option, so I guess in the end we'll just have a nice fork of Linux and some distros, where these people just can't get in. And a good management that won't budge to them.

These groups are ruining everything they touch.
    Last edited by Amarildo; 20 December 2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• I started using the term "Debianal" a while back (more because of crippled packages, but now this).

The term boob (or booby) was used long before it ever referred to breasts. I use other terms they wouldn't like for that... when I say boob it's in reference to an idiot. Like "that guy is such a bumbling boob" or "booby trap" (a trap set for fools).

This is udderly ridiculous :-)

By the way, they better ban the Linux kernel.

Code:
      cd /lib/modules/`uname -r`/source
      grep -r fuck
      Last edited by Grogan; 20 December 2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• Hey, some concerned Debian dev. I have plan. Lets do a conspiracy where you sponsor me to become Debian dev in order to start campaigning against crazies

Comment

• Originally posted by Amarildo View Post
          I heavily lean Left, but I'm currently considering moving to the Right.

Initially I was kinda "triggered" by comments saying how 3rd wave of feminists, transgenderism, SJW's and such are mentally ill, but now I'm starting to see how deep the rabbit hole goes. The more I dig into these issues, the more I have to agree with the Right and their views on this.

I've been using Debian since 2005, but I'm considering moving to another distro. I have used Arch from 2013 to 2018 but had to move away from it because of a game development using Unreal Engine. Otherwise I'd stick with it.

I wonder if complaining here will help at all. Removing these people from software development isn't an option, so I guess in the end we'll just have a nice fork of Linux and some distros, where these people just can't get in. And a good management that won't budge to them.

These groups are ruining everything they touch.
          Well, I am sorry to say this, but one Dutch man nailed things by arranging a court hearing about his age. He was about 55 years or so, but he claimed that he is 25 or so, and because he feels so, then his age should be changed officially to be so.

Note though it is all the same for me what order of gender they are and on what power, or if they feel they are furries or whatever aliens, I don't care a bit. But when they claim they are special and require special rights because of that and world must change in many ways because of what they think they are, then I begin to have issues.

Comment

• Fun fact: some likes are invisible. i read the post #50 of this thread. I see the likes at zero. I know i had "liked" it. i click "unlike" and it goes back from zero to five. i click like again and it is back at six. i refresh and it is back to zero.

That and the ignore-list that does not work this forum runs poorly.

Comment

• Originally posted by moilami View Post

Well, I am sorry to say this, but one Dutch man nailed things by arranging a court hearing about his age. He was about 55 years or so, but he claimed that he is 25 or so, and because he feels so, then his age should be changed officially to be so.

Note though it is all the same for me what order of gender they are and on what power, or if they feel they are furries or whatever aliens, I don't care a bit. But when they claim they are special and require special rights because of that and world must change in many ways because of what they think they are, then I begin to have issues.
              Exactly. I really don't care if a man thinks he's a woman or if he thinks he's Elvis. I really don't. There are crazy people all over the world.
              But when e.g. this man demands to participate in women's competitions, that's when I have a problem. When they demand a law saying how I should call them, then I have a problem too.

I'm 27 but I'm starting to feel the past 2 generations are way too sensitive and full of dumb and spoiled lunatics. And because of them we're going to lose lots of coders and good projects.

And to whoever is governing Debian right now and allowed this to happen, and to the MTF who got offended: [censored]

Comment

• I sometimes wonder if Debian ever thinks about the end user who just wants to get things done.
                But maybe it's just that I'm still sour about libav.

Comment

• Fork it! How about Boobian ?

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

• hotbabe flamewar is back.

Hug.

Comment

• "The CoC is just to stop harassment" they said...

Comment

Working...
                      X