No announcement yet.

Debian's Anti-Harassment Team Is Removing A Package Over Its Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might as well remove hotbabe and purge the term daemon from usage because it's too close to demon.

While we're at it lets pretend BSD doesn't have a devil for a logo. We must also remove the package thefuck, fsck -- too close to fuck.

/s

Incase you were wondering, with proper hormones men can breastfeed children too, so this whole sex-phobic backwards ass thinking really just makes me think there must be a ton of people not getting laid who know nothing about sex.

Comment

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm not particularly offended by it, but I know women who would be less than impressed, and comments such as 'faggot' (or its replacement) in source code are certainly wrong - you can't disagree with that, surely?

This just makes life more difficult. I want Unix to be known for its facilities, not to have to explain that the product is technically able, but the developers are juvenile.

One of the issues with Linux, as opposed to some BSDs which really are written just for the developers (with wider use being a side benefit), is that there's a drive to make it popular. Not too popular though, as that might mean you'd have to compromise. This is part of that compromise.

Of course if you want to fork your own distribution called NerdyJuvenileLinux, then go ahead. I'm sure the market will decide if you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by ynari View Post
        Women receive unwanted attention all the time, this does not help. In the eighties it was acceptable for workplaces to have topless calendars pinned up, times have moved on.
        Since you appear to be a woman: simple question.

If the attention is unwanted, why do women wear miniskirts, make-up and try to make themselves as sexy as possible most of the time? With some exceptions.
        Or is there a deep conflict: you want to be desirable but at the same time utterly dislike the attention it brings upon you. Again, with some exceptions.

For example: you go to night club, you go to extremes knocking yourselves up, making yourselves desirable to males, while all you plan for the evening is to dance with your (girl) friend, relieve stress through dance..

Oh, I've also noticed the tendency that if woman "catches" a man, binds him in a relationship, after a while she would "relax" and lessen the care she has taken for herself until then. Less make-up etc.

Explain me the logic behind the behaviour.
        Last edited by aht0; 20 December 2018, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Weboob is freely usable Open Source software that many people have worked together to create, document and package. It creates value. This "Anti-Harassment" Team are taking away value. They are reducing the over-all value of the Debian OS.

Comment

To "advice". No IQ MFer's determining what lives and dies is what everyone has been warning CoC suckers about.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post

Since you appear to be a woman: simple question.

If the attention is unwanted, why do women wear miniskirts, make-up and try to make themselves as sexy as possible most of the time? With some exceptions.
              Or is there a deep conflict: you want to be desirable but at the same time utterly dislike the attention it brings upon you. Again, with some exceptions.

For example: you go to night club, you go to extremes knocking yourselves up, making yourselves desirable to males, while all you plan for the evening is to dance with your (girl) friend, relieve stress through dance..

Oh, I've also noticed the tendency that if woman "catches" a man, binds him in a relationship, after a while she would "relax" and lessen the care she has taken for herself until then. Less make-up etc.

Explain me the logic behind the behaviour.
              Social behavior is very interesting. For example, in China it's not the women but the men who go to great lengths to dress up in nice cloths and makeup to attract the female because there are far fewer females.

Disclaimer: not female

As per the "catches" a man part, you can research sociology and learn that objects are designed to catch the eye like wrist watch, necklaces, etc... including beards, and so on for men and women to create a strong presence, which conveys that you may be looking for a relationship.

So yes, not all women/men dress up for that reason -- sometimes they do it to be competitive. I won't argue with the mini skirt and nightclub part, those are spot on, but I also don't think it's reasonable to go to the opposite extreme of saying if you aren't wearing a burka or simply have a swimsuit on you are "asking to be raped", etc...

Actually, I find that this group of troublemakers likes to derail and refocus attention on their cause of feminism -- and ironically that's exactly what is happening now, we are talking about it in relation to sociology.

It really just seems like there is real genderphobia going on where these evangelical activist womens group are trying to purge and disown their inherent biological differences as if they were something they are ashamed of under the guise of "pride", narcissism, and ignorance.

This whole thing is obnoxious and stinks of politics and not technical progress. To hell with interpersonal trending politics. The irony is this is likely just strings pulled by the hyper wealthy 1% to turn poor people against each-other so they forget they previously were aligned against the rich.

Anyone remember occupy wallstreet where disparity caused classical tension to focus on the poor vs the rich.

Yesterday it was gay marriage, today it's gender equality, tomorrow it will be some other bullshit to keep these free radicals distracted.

And of course you see people with their common ideologies congregating instead of spreading, you don't see feminists moving to places where their activism might actually be up against REAL oppression of women, you see it in countries and cities where everyone already agrees in equality.

And to top it all off, the rich just basically tricked women into being victims in order to extract more money from each family by increasing household incomes to increase the rent and stimulate the economy with extra cash flowing and so on all because divorce rates started to sky rocket since the 1970s and women needed to raise their children and work and have independence to feel safe which is a byproduct of the US government only paying wellfare to women who were single with a child which created cascade problems leading to single parent households and having multiple children from multiple men due to their open status required by the government to get the money.

Anyways, this whole thing is bullshit and to see that it's infected Linux and Debian is a bad sign on not prioritizing technical progress first.

There should only ever exist a document called the "Pretty Obvious If You Think About It Cooperation and Kindness Guidelines".

What will we do next -- create a Transgender Programmer group -- TRYING TO ELIMINATE GENDER DIFFERENCES IS A ABSOLUTE AFFIRMATION OF THEM.

I much prefer to go on with the mindset that there is no divider and we are all one group. Because the fabric of their movements are going to have VERY VERY STRONG backlash, now that Political Correct PC culture is dead apathy is at a all-time high and society has swung like a pendulum to the opposite of what they stood for.

All this gender bullshit will likely have the opposite intended effect and we will have an even stronger patriarchy than we've had in a VERY VERY LOOONG TIME.

Of you know, we can draft the women into the military and put them on the front-line like everybody else if that's what they want.

Comment

Originally posted by ynari View Post
                Don't put words in my mouth. I'm not particularly offended by it, but I know women who would be less than impressed, and comments such as 'faggot' (or its replacement) in source code are certainly wrong - you can't disagree with that, surely?

This just makes life more difficult. I want Unix to be known for its facilities, not to have to explain that the product is technically able, but the developers are juvenile.
                (...)
                I get it. And if "faggot" or even "BurnedKitten" is unsavoury to me, i find it totally unimportant.

And i do not wish Linux to be "too" popular. I recall a person complaining about the "gigolo" soft in ubuntu (It mounts what it is asked to), the person said he wouldn't dare to recommend Linux to old catholic people. Well, then do not sell it to old catholic people. (Old catholic people have had sex and crack silly jokes by the way, i wouldn't worry too much for them)

I know people who have similar troubles using octave at work because the clueless corporates do not trust something that does not come in a box. IMHO, it is a loss of time to try to convince such people because they do not work with the same logic as a what I call a professional. And my opinion is they do not deserve the efforts deployed to be convinced. They have a silly reason no to use a good FOSS tool ? That's on them.

In a similar fashion, i have friends who expect Linux to be a clone of Windows. Windows for free. Well, i like my Linux but maybe those friends are better off with windows.

I am not trying to turning you into a neckbeard. I am not one of them either. But the FOSS world shouldn't cater to all publics. Nothing should. And yes, i find sometimes frustrating the rejection of tools i like for irrational reasons but it is not a big deal.

P.S. I am way more prude than my female... acquaintances But elaborating would be far besides the scope of this site.

Comment

Originally posted by faldzip View Post
                  That reminded me I have to email Qt Company that they have to remove Qt Automotive Suite as the abbreviation QtAS is pronounced in Polish as "cootas" which means just "dick". Microaggression is flooding me...

No, not really...
                  But you can tell it in English: Qt(cute) As(ass). Which sounds better than Polish: cootas .

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
                    Weboob is freely usable Open Source software that many people have worked together to create, document and package. It creates value. This "Anti-Harassment" Team are taking away value. They are reducing the over-all value of the Debian OS.
                    This is the deep truth about the issue.

This PC thought terrorism is insanity that, if not opposed, will ruin every thing in the name of "hurt feelings" and "offense taken" where none was meant!

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
                      Incase you were wondering, with proper hormones men can breastfeed children too, so this whole sex-phobic backwards ass thinking really just makes me think there must be a ton of people not getting laid who know nothing about sex.
                      This offends me as a Muslim.

Comment

Working...
                      X