Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NomadDemon View Post
    Anti Harassment my ass...

What else can i say... fuck you Debian... going to stick with ubuntu on all my vps... gonna reinstall to ubuntu on every support expire...

this is insane.. what kind of idiots works on this?
    i gonna remove BOOB from my DICtionary...
    I am not sure i get it. Ubuntu is based on Debian. If Debian censors a package, isn't it also censored on Ubuntu ? Or Canonical's folks package their stuff themselves ?

Comment

Seriously?

Like, SERIOUSLY????

Comment

Seems fairly sensible. I bet there aren't many women commenting on this thread.

There's nothing that wrong with calling a product weboob, provided it's understood it's pronounced 'web oob'. What /is/ wrong is the jokey graphic and the insults in the code base.

Women receive unwanted attention all the time, this does not help. In the eighties it was acceptable for workplaces to have topless calendars pinned up, times have moved on.

No-one is saying development shouldn't be fun, but be a little less juvenile, and more considerate of other people, perhaps. This especially applies when you're trying to use it in a professional environment, no-one needs to face the hurdle of suggesting something that may be technically functional whilst having a suggestive pair of baubles in the background.

Get over it. Rename it to oobweb, delete the graphic, amend a few comments and move on.

Comment

Meanwhile in arch linux, The fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by ynari View Post

There's nothing that wrong with calling a product weboob, provided it's understood it's pronounced 'web oob'. What /is/ wrong is the jokey graphic and the insults in the code base.

Women receive unwanted attention all the time, this does not help. In the eighties it was acceptable for workplaces to have topless calendars pinned up, times have moved on.

No-one is saying development shouldn't be fun, but be a little less juvenile, and more considerate of other people, perhaps. This especially applies when you're trying to use it in a professional environment, no-one needs to face the hurdle of suggesting something that may be technically functional whilst having a suggestive pair of baubles in the background.

Get over it. Rename it to oobweb, delete the graphic, amend a few comments and move on.
            If i was the developer, i would double/triple down on it. I would also make the program quit at startup if running "cat /proc/version | grep debian" gives results.
            Debian must be ostracized until they fix their brains (or kick out the weirdos).

Comment

Dang, and I was just about to submit my Partition Encryption via Network Integrated Shell app.

Comment

there aren't many women commenting on this thread.
                and yet it's a women's issue somehow, astagfirullah...

Comment

Originally posted by Noremacam View Post
                  Dang, and I was just about to submit my Partition Encryption via Network Integrated Shell app.
                  You probably also need a Daemon to Inject Crypto Keys?

Comment

Everyone seem to believe he or she is an expert on women (and at least one identifiable woman has answered in this thread). YOU are annoyed by the boobie reference. Not "women" en general. And you probably never have listened to women talking amongst themselves to suggest that they would. Or you are living in a convent.

I have a different suggestion. If in your work, compliance with corporate culture is so important, then use corporate products, not FOSS. You will enjoy your sanitised bubble and beautiful cornflower blue menus without conflict with people who simply do not share your preoccupations.

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
                      Not all that surprising that the response in this forum is "this is madness".
                      Because it is madness!!! There is no end to what flakes can be offended by.
                      I submit that it is the small actions like this that enforce the community guidelines that make the place better.
                      Censorship is never a good thing, especially when it is focused on a silly app.
                      I also see that the stawmen are already being erected (non compliant political views, really lowflyer) and the "exodus" of people finding a new distro, except that they won't because it's all too hard and requires more effort than being a keyboard warrior...
                      no straw man at all, we are already seeing people being censored even being banned for their political views. Censorship is an ugly and powerful xtremely dangerous practice, a few hours getting the know China might wise you up.

Comment

Working...
                      X