Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian's Anti-Harassment Team Is Removing A Package Over Its Name

Phoronix: Debian's Anti-Harassment Team Is Removing A Package Over Its Name

The latest notes from the Debian anti-harassment team on Wednesday caught my attention when reading, "We were requested to advice on the appropriateness of a certain package in the Debian archive. Our decision resulted in the package pending removal from the archive." Curiosity got the best of me... What package was deemed too inappropriate for the Debian archive?..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is insane.

Comment

Daily reminder that "boobs" themselves are not inherently sexual.

Comment

Next : rename all "dongle" references.

Comment

When diet soy latte hits you too hard...

What next? I fear what connotatnions "androguard" could have... Or "assword". I wonder, why they not yet banned all daemons for promoting satanism... Or "barman" for promoting alcohol.

Comment

There you go...
            The debian mutawa police in action.

I suggest to remove all women from the debian project because there is a slim chance that some might be mistaken as sexual objects.

Comment

I recommend removing the package "manpages"

Comment

Ok, the crazies has cloaked inside Debian. I was sincerely curious reading the article and puzzled what is so offending in the name Weboob. Got it only after saw the picture of two Christmas things on the logo.

I am white male hetero carnivore, and I find it offending and insulting that someone try to remove a package having partially in the name reference to my body parts, boobs. I want to remind everyone that males and mammals have boobs, no matter how hard human females has tried to make boobs exclusive to them or certain minorities. I also want put emphasis that boobs are perfectly natural organ in the world, and there is nothing offending, bad, insulting etc. whatsoever in them. Henceforth it is arguably silly and stupid to claim that boobs can offend someone, and if boobs offend someone, then that being offended is to be blamed, and he or she should seek medical help for his or her condition.

Comment

... and to be a bit more serious: This is only the testrun. You will see them removing packages because of "non-compliant" political views of developers.

Comment

Originally posted by lowflyer View Post
                    ... and to be a bit more serious: This is only the testrun. You will see them removing packages because of "non-compliant" political views of developers.
                    Crap, true.

Damn I hate this, now I will have to seriously begin to find a new distribution.

Comment

Working...
                    X