Docker container does not give me a shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Docker container does not give me a shell

I am trying to get a shell inside the Docker container moul/phoronix-test-suite on Docker Hub using this command
    Code:

docker run -t -i moul/phoronix-test-suite /bin/bash
    but just after executing the command (binary file), the container stops and I get no shell into it.
    Code:

[slazer@localhost ~]$ docker ps -a CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                      COMMAND                  CREATED             STATUS                     PORTS               NAMES 0993189463e6        moul/phoronix-test-suite   "phoronix-test-suite "   7 seconds ago       Exited (0) 3 seconds ago                       kickass_shockley
    It is a ubuntu:trusty container. How can I get a shell into it, so that I can send arguments to the command phoronix-test-suite?

docker run -t -i moul/phoronix-test-suite /bin/bash will not give you a bash (contrary to docker run -it fedora bash)

According to its Dockerfile, what it will do is execute mobdro
    phoronix-test-suite /bin/bash
    Meaning, it will pass /bin/bash as parameter to phoronix-test-suite, which will exit immediately. That leaves you no time to execute a docker exec -it <container> bash in order to open a bash in an active container session.

this worked me????

Comment

Originally posted by Jett600 View Post
      docker run -t -i moul/phoronix-test-suite /bin/bash will not give you a bash (contrary to docker run -it fedora bash)

Meaning, it will pass /bin/bash as parameter to phoronix-test-suite, which will exit immediately. That leaves you no time to execute a docker exec -it <container> bash in order to open a bash in an active container session.

this worked me????
      Thanks for the updates and sharing your experience with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jett600 View Post

this worked me????
        Many thanks for that complete information!

Comment

Working...
        X