Adobe Customer Care: There Hasn't Been Enough Demand For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
    Adobe products are just way too expensive, I can get by with current open source offerings thanks and now that they have gone all this even more expensive cloudy SAAS shit I'm even less interested.
    This is exactly why I’ve avoid Adobe products completely. My needs are not professional thus paying a subscription fee is total nonsense. Even a if I had modest needs professionally it would still be hard to justicfy Adobe’s high subscription prices. SAAS Really only works for people that are daily drivers of a software suite. Adobe otherwise has priced themselves out of the semi pro or hobby markets.

Comment

Originally posted by miabrahams View Post

Photoshop + Lightroom is the $9.99/mo "Photography Plan" option.
      https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/...MQYMW&mv=other
      Gimp and Digikam cost me nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by miabrahams View Post

Photoshop is 10bux a month, super affordable.
        Not really that is 120 bucks a year year after year. It isn’t a big deal for a professional user that leverages the app 8 hours a day but for anybody else it is a ripoff.

Comment

They should make like Lite version of their products available. 95% of Photoshop usage for me - to grab icons from PSD design and sometimes do gamma correction or red-eye removal on photos (but that can be easily done in any alternative). This will eliminate piracy and most of competitors from their way. And of course make Lite versions free for personal use. Then they will get so desired market and requests to make Linux ports. Anyway, they already have UNIX port for macOS, I don't think it will be hard to make Linux one (just rewrite render part and package into snap).

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post

This is exactly why I’ve avoid Adobe products completely. My needs are not professional thus paying a subscription fee is total nonsense. Even a if I had modest needs professionally it would still be hard to justicfy Adobe’s high subscription prices. SAAS Really only works for people that are daily drivers of a software suite. Adobe otherwise has priced themselves out of the semi pro or hobby markets.
            Same with O365 , Libreoffice covers all my needs for zero cost.

Comment

I would use none. Adobe CC is too expensive with the worst customer support. I would only encourage alternatives

Comment

The posted link is for video editing software, which is generally not what people think of when they think of Adobe and their monopoly on Photoshop.
                This is a similar link for their Photoshop software (154 votes for make a Linux port right now)
                Come for help, be inspired. The Adobe Community is the place to ask questions, find answers, learn from experts and share your knowledge. We have everything to help you get started, learn how to's, tips and tricks, and unlock your creativity.

Comment

I keep hearing all the time "Where is Adobe?". "As a Linux user, I need Adobe!" This is what I hear people say. There is a YUGE untapped mass of people wanting to rent software on Linux, and Adobe doesn't want to take advantage of this? SAD!

Comment

Someone; anyone--

Please give a rational, solid reason as to how a piece of software one must rent--by the month, or year--is a good deal for the user.
                    When you arrive at the only possible conclusion, send that to Adobe.

Comment

I'm willing to bet that their reasoning is only part of the real reason.

The thing they don't say (and i'm only guessing here) is that their source is probably heavily reliant on specific windows and mac functions to function. It does function quite wonderfully on those platforms so whatever they are doing, they are doing a good job at it.

But yeah, making that cross platform so that it runs on Linux is probably not some minor code update but more or less a whole rewrite.

And to play advocate of the devil.
                      Linux has a horribly history (and future...) when it comes to GUI toolkits. KDE and Gnome (as still being the biggest two) have their own unique styles with still only limited cooperation to make a Qt app look native in GTK and vice versa. So which one should Adobe follow there? Or go with their own style (like they do on windows and mac).

If that isn't enough, you still have the driver state, the package managers, the wildly different distributions...

Yeah, i think i can understand why Adobe would be hesitant to support linux.

Comment

Working...
                      X