Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Customer Care: There Hasn't Been Enough Demand For Linux

Phoronix: Adobe Customer Care: There Hasn't Been Enough Demand For Linux

Besides the lack of games, one of the other pressing reasons why some desktop/workstation users haven't migrated full-time to Linux has been over the lack of Adobe's Creative Suite working natively on Linux (and the Wine-based options often only working well for dated versions of Adobe's software). But if you hope to see Adobe Linux software, their customer care recommends you vote...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Not enough demand? That's weird considering some big studios use Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Not in their graphic design departments.

Comment

Adobe products are just way too expensive, I can get by with current open source offerings thanks and now that they have gone all this even more expensive cloudy SAAS shit I'm even less interested.
        Last edited by Slartifartblast; 10 December 2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

That's the lamest excuse ever considering that it's the number one most requested feature on that very user survey site by a long shot.

Comment

Its because their new stuff is terribly slow and bloated so I tend to prefer Acrobat Pro 9 in Wine for checking my papers.

I would like a vote feature that says, port Acrobat Pro 9 to Linux but they don't offer that option .

Proprietary software fsck(8)ing sucks because of this reliance on stupid companies. I wish I never started using Acrobat in the first place :/

I imagine I am not the only one in this position. Any Adobe employee reading this... can you please leak the damn source on torrents? I will pay you a £1000 at least!
            Last edited by kpedersen; 10 December 2018, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
              Phoronix: Adobe Customer Care: There Hasn't Been Enough Demand For Linux
              Let me fix that for you: "Linux Customer Care: There Hasn't Been Enough Demand For Adobe"

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
                Adobe products are just way too expensive, I can get by with current open source offerings thanks and now that they have gone all this even more expensive cloudy SAAS shit I'm even less interested.
                Photoshop is 10bux a month, super affordable.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
                  Imho it can be read also as "there is not enough demand for Adobe Creative Suite".

Seriously, the professionals that actually need that are a tiny fraction of its userbase. People on Linux are mostly fine with GIMP or Krita, just as most people on Windows would if they actually tried them instead of torrenting Adobe software.

Comment

Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
                    Any Adobe employee reading this... can you please leak the damn source on torrents? I will pay you a £1000 at least!
                    Any Adobe employee please don't listen to him. Unless the source leaked has a FOSS license (so Adobe can't sue to hell anyone trying to distribute a program made with it) you are only endangering yourself for little benefit.

Comment

Working...
                    X