Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Open Letter To Solus From Its Founder Ikey Doherty

Phoronix: An Open Letter To Solus From Its Founder Ikey Doherty

Solus, the promising Linux distribution started back in 2015 by Ikey Doherty that led to the creation of its own "Budgie" desktop, has been without its founder since this summer. While the circumstances under his decision to fade away from the project aren't clear, he is well and has shared this message to relay with the community...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

... as a new parent I must plan to father my child and support my family through work, instead of fathering my work and rely on my family supporting me.
    Maybe, if somoene invent money that worth only one day - humanity would start to behave more naturally

Comment

He was completely out of money and still left Intel? Why on earth would he do that? That message sounds like he's homeless or something :-/

Comment

Oh well, shit.That sucks. The man does deserve to get paid though, for sure. Best wishes, hope you find a solution that puts dollars in your bank and still allows you to work on your passions.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          He was completely out of money and still left Intel? Why on earth would he do that?
          I guess because he wanna work only what he likes, problem is that such exclusive desires usually does not go in line with money

People are different you know, on the other side some are ready to accept nice jobs and then to shutup for 70 years

Last edited by dungeon; 02 November 2018, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            He was completely out of money and still left Intel? Why on earth would he do that?
            It was totally worth it.

Comment

I hope you see this! This is not a fucking goodbye, mate! We'll talk again! Congrats on starting a family! I wish you all good health and and a shit fucking ton of happy moments! Thanks for all your energy drink infused work!!

Comment

Thank you Ikey for creating Solus. Congrats on becoming a father, all the best to your family.

Thank you also for sharing this to end all speculations. Take care. Craig.

Comment

Hi Ikey, good to hear you are alright. Thank you for everything you did to make Solus great, and to pave the way so it will only become better. I wish you all the best. Take care friend. PS. thanks for ending my distro hopping years, Solus for life!

Comment

Ikey Father? Congrats! All the best for your future!

Comment

Working...
                    X