No announcement yet.

Linus Torvalds Shows His New Polite Side While Pointing Out Bad Kernel Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So its been like 1 week and people are already doing things wrong. This does not bode well.

Comment

Originally posted by mudig View Post
      Not sure what you people are going on about. I find the "new" style ok, the "old" style needlessly confrontational (which worked so well he had do to it all the time ). Painting this as "oh noes political correctness" or "individualism vs. drones" paints you a tool. Also funny are people who think the hiatus was "unnecessary" when that's something only Torvalds can decide for himself.
      Sir your behavior is unaccaptable, passive aggressive. Where is phoronix CoC? You need to be sent to a re-education camp right away.

Comment

please delete
        Last edited by horizonbrave; 27 October 2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
          Sir your behavior is unaccaptable, passive aggressive.
          I don't see where it's passive-aggressive.
          Where is phoronix CoC?
          Here: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...59-forum-rules
          You need to be sent to a re-education camp right away.
          Nobody here is being sent to a re-education camp.

Comment

Who won't get angry if she/he sees the same mistake over and over and over again? Linux will soon loose his temper because he's not God. I think he should have a tool to generate emails for common mistakes when being given a commit id and a common mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael

Then the CoC will be used against him and he will be asked to resign from his position.

This is becoming a bit predictable.
              When that happens it will be time to fork the kernel.

The SJW Linux kernel developers ought to rename their code "Linux for SJWs, Conflict Free and Fair To Everyone".

Linus can name his fork of the code "Linux Is NFS" or "Linux Is Not For Snowflakes".

I read Linus' comments on this recent code contribution and I find them polite, clearly written, and directly worded. I think his comments would fit into modern American corporate behavior rules.

If contributors can't be bothered to follow "polite, clear, and direct" guidance from Linus, then we know where the problem truly is.

If those contributors don't want to follow the same rules that every other contributor is expected to follow, then they can fork the code and do their own thing in their own project.

Comment

Sir your behavior is unaccaptable, passive aggressive. Where is phoronix CoC? You need to be sent to a re-education camp right away.
                Please Comrade, tell us all about your training in selecting "undesireables" in the population and your work experiences running "re-education" camps in North Korea?

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                  Sounds a bit picky. Amdgpu got added and enabled by default, and AMD video cards were and still are more rare than those whatever controllers.
                  What are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Dedale View Post
                    That sounds cool if he's nicer but it is a bit early to make conclusions. That being said, i have read the provided links and THAT is the "harsh" language "laced" with profanity !? I don't know if they are typical of the worst of Linus's posts but i find them very tame. And i have seen a few "cr@p" and "fvck" !?

Curse words aside, someone shocked by that would be traumatized by just the entrance exam here and would be unable to function in the real world.

I heard all these jokes about the "snowflakes" but come on, they are rants, right !? It's not for real !?
                    Snowflakes will always be snowflakes. If they are not "triggered" by Linus, there is always something else to clash with their warped worldview.

If the new Linus is nice and diplomatic that's obviously a plus, but the more important point is that thanks God he remains stringent about code quality and maturity. It's probably better to say "please don't do this" rather than "to hell with your buggy sh!it", as long as the outcome is the same.
                    Last edited by jacob; 28 October 2018, 12:06 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Fuck this NPC drone bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                      X