More Than 80 Kernel Patches Were Made This Summer By Outreachy Developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Than 80 Kernel Patches Were Made This Summer By Outreachy Developers

Phoronix: More Than 80 Kernel Patches Were Made This Summer By Outreachy Developers

At this week's Open-Source Summit in Edinburgh there was a kernel internship panel discussion focused on the work done by Outreachy participants, the program paying women and other under-represented groups $5,500 USD for contributing to various open-source projects over a three month period...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"Damn it! Now my kernel has cooties!" - Most Phoronix readers.

Comment

So much money wasted on so little. Again. But at least those delusional managers can fool themselves into thinking they've done something good.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
        So much money wasted on so little. Again. But at least those delusional managers can fool themselves into thinking they've done something good.
        No one ever tell anarki2 about GSoC. Or internships.

Comment

the program paying women and other under-represented groups
          What groups? As far as I know there are women and men only and it seems women are very bad at IT. Maybe you meant Borel's monkeys, perhaps? When comes to paying some unknown species it's better to invest in blind snipers for US Army. Don't you think they're under-represented? Where are you SJW maggots?

Comment

Great to see such programs produce such impressive real-world results

Comment

I am going to say it again , ai that decides which applicants to pick ( http://research.baidu.com/Research_A...dex-view?id=57 ) / verifies the desicions made by humans is the way to go to end unfair ( of irrelevant qualities ) discrimination . Outreachy is the opposite of that and for that reason would illegal if the relevant principles the country that the event is based on , were followed
              Last edited by GunpowaderGuy; 24 October 2018, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hussam View Post
                "Damn it! Now my kernel has cooties!" - Most Phoronix readers.
                this time the strawmanners ( pretty sure my conjugation is incorrect ) could not even wait for someone else to write a comment to make a fake rebuttal of , it seems

Comment

Originally posted by Niarbeht View Post

No one ever tell anarki2 about GSoC. Or internships.
                  not the same , non discriminatory interships are not unable to achieve their stated purpose

Comment

Originally posted by GunpowaderGuy View Post

this time the strawmanners ( pretty sure my conjugation is incorrect ) could not even wait for someone else to write a comment to make a fake rebuttal of , it seems
                    Mine was not a rebuttal. It was a humorous comment about how predictable people are. However, a subsequent rebuttal would have constituted refraining from proving my initial statement. Fortunately though for my personal entertainment, and I am typing this while drinking my morning coffee, you succeeded in not doing so

Comment

Working...
                    X