Qt Drafts A Code of Conduct To Have A Formal Line About Unacceptable Behavior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
    I was really hoping this PC bullshit wouldn't make it's way into the open source community. On the end of the day all it matters is the code written.
    Spoken like a true socially challenged basement dweller.

Originally posted by cen1 View Post

Accepting a pull request is not "fostering" anything. Should I reject a code contribution just because someone made a crude comment towards another developer? What about freedom of speech?
    No, you should accept the code and then get rid of the developer, if the case calls for it. But keep in mind that there is a slight difference between "making a crude comment" and actually being toxic to other people. The CoC aims to bring the hammer down on the latter.

Originally posted by Spazturtle View Post
    Where is all this discrimination people are talking about? Show me what code was rejected due to the submitter being a minority.
    Let's say there is none. Happy? Great. Now, show me a piece of code that was rejected due to the submitter being an a**hole.

Originally posted by onicsis View Post
    Of course, SJWs are exempt from respecting any code, rule or law.

They can harsse anyone, nothing can happen to them, because CoCs where created for SJWs and for SJWs own protection.
    Don't forget to wear your tin-foil hat on your way out.

Originally posted by curfew View Post
    Why do these pointless codes of conduct never include basic rights such as political opinion? Because the radical ideologues want to extradite people of "wrong think" and kick them out?
    Because saying "I hate niggas" or "f*ck off you homo" or "all Jews should die" does not (or at least should not) count as a valid political opinion in our civilized world. Period.

In the end do whaterver you want. Because it's doesnt matter finnaly.
    Software development it is not the privileage of person, organization or country.
    SJWs powers are limited to their own country borders and in the long-term they are history.
    Everything in the long-term is history. The thing is, "being history" means people in the future actually remember you, so by your logic SJWs actually have it really good. The same can't be said about people with your kind of thinking. You're always around, I'll give you that, but history usually doesn't give a crap about you.

Exactly, last time SJW ideas were popular they failed to achieve their goals and for a long time their abhorrent ideas were consigned to history.
    Do you even realize what you just said? duby229 is right to be amazed at your answer. You're one step away from shaving your head and heiling your leader.

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post

The issue is that these things are, contrary to what's being claimed, never implemented to fix inherently toxic communities, they're brought in mostly as a cynical attempt to draw in more contributors and have been used for trying to kick people out for things as minor as civil disagreements well outside of the scope of the project. [...] It's not to say that CoCs are inherently bad, but we know that they've been used for some pretty counter-productive things and the behavior they're supposed to control is something project maintainers have had more than sufficient tools to deal with since the start of open source.
    Laws can be abused. Charity can be abused. Priesthood can be abused. Love can be abused. Trust can be abused. EVERYTHING can be abused in some way. That doesn't mean that the thing being abused is responsible for the abuse and should be abolished altogether. Also, between someone who does wrong by principle and someone who does wrong by mistake, there is no question who's the better man/woman/attack helicopter (see what I did there?). The CoC has the potential to be abused by people belonging to the latter category, sure, but its existence is intended to fight the toxicity of people belonging to the former. So, in the end, it's a good thing.

SJWs are not a population, a people or a nation.
    As long they have a hierarchical organization and acting on the command of a central structure, SJWs go and can do their "job".
    But from the moment when presindents, goverments or ambassadors change, SJWs will be spoiled and will get bogged down. Why so much 'love' for Trump administration, including from big tech corporations.

After collapse of USSR a lot of extreme left marxist terrorist organizations lost they motivation and compasse. The same thing will happen with SJWs NGOs
    And let me guess: the leader of the global SJW is a Zionist Jew called George Soros? Like I said: don't forget your tin-foil hat.

Actualy, SJWs or ALT left terrorists what's the differences.
    Well, disregarding the fact that leftist (and not "alt left" - there is no such thing) "terrorists" are not really terrorists but what the previous generation would call "freedom fighters", there is that minor thing that "terrorists", you know, go out there in the world and actually "terrorize" with their bombs and stuff, while most SJWs are keyboard warriors like yourself.

Originally posted by IreMinMon View Post

There is no "right to not be harassed". Such thing doesn't exist. There's legal behavior and illegal behavior. If somebody's breaking the laws feel free to take them to court. If you don't want to be harassed, well, you can build your pillow castle on the floor of YOUR living room and refuse to get out. Nobody's going to harass you there. But there is no point in turning internet into your personal pillow castle.
    Well, guess what: the open-source community disagrees with you, so it has decided to make its own laws, in the form of the various CoC's, in order to make YOUR behavior illegal and ban YOU from turning the Internet into your OWN personal pillow castle. Good times, huh?

Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post

And this is the nightmare that is destroying the open source community, the creepy virtue signaling white knights.

Creeps like Brisse are the ones enabling these toxic and hateful SJWs like Coraline Ada Ehmke. The SJWs would have no power to attack and destroy without these pathetic creeps.
    Just replace "the open source community" with "society" or "our nation", "creeps" with "collaborators" and "SJW" with "Jew", "Nigger", "illegal immigrant", "homo" or whatever else, and the connotations are evident. I won't call things by their proper name, in order to avoid turning this into a flame-fest.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedale View Post
      I understand they are sad freaks everywhere trying to impose their political agendas. The world and especially the internet is full of them. But why people do not simply gently tell them to take a hike and leave the world alone.
      Hmm. Tough question indeed. Could it be because there are actually MORE people in the world that agree with these "sad freaks", than there are people agreeing with you? Nah, no way it could be that simple. It must all be due to some secret SJW conspiracy.

Serious answer: the CoC and the people behind it are not trying to impose their political agenda on anyone. All they're trying to do is make sure OTHER people (which are actually a minority, albeit a very vocal one) don't have the opportunity to try and impose THEIR (a)political agenda on THEM, and also on US, the rest of the people. In other words, they're trying to stop YOU from calling ME a "sad freak" just because you don't agree with my desire for a calm, unopinionated, HEALTHY environment where we can talk about actual coding stuff, instead of talking about SJW conspiracies and sad freaks.

Comment

The big problem is that portion of the population that is basically attention hungry cry babies that are capable of getting offended from anything other than praise for their personal manifestations of mental disorder.

It is a really bad idea to dance to the whims of such people. It does harm to them and society as a whole.

But this move is not surprising. Digia is a lousy, greedy company, so it comes at no surprise it is following into the footsteps of the larger lousy, greedy companies that adopted the manifesto of what used to be a privileged white male but is now a proud, brave, beautiful and powerful "woman"...

And hey, it is not like "moderation" was ever abused to silence genuine criticism right? It is always and only about protecting the people!!!

Well, screw that, I am gonna write my own framework, with blackjack... and hookers!!!
        Last edited by ddriver; 24 October 2018, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I think CoCs can be good or bad depending on what is in them.

Someone said "All that matters is the code that is written". Which is true.

That said, some people don't contribute much, but drive people away that might otherwise contribute. This makes a very unwarranted assumption that shitposters are the best coders, which is very much disputable.

Comment

Exactly, last time SJW ideas were popular they failed to achieve their goals and for a long time their abhorrent ideas were consigned to history.
            Exactly:

Comment

Originally posted by ddriver View Post
              The big problem is that portion of the population that is basically attention hungry cry babies that are capable of getting offended from anything other than praise for their personal manifestations of mental disorder.

It is a really bad idea to dance to the whims of such people. It does harm to them and society as a whole.

But this move is not surprising. Digia is a lousy, greedy company, so it comes at no surprise it is following into the footsteps of the larger lousy, greedy companies that adopted the manifesto of what used to be a privileged white male but is now a proud, brave, beautiful and powerful "woman"...

And hey, it is not like "moderation" was ever abused to silence genuine criticism right? It is always and only about protecting the people!!!

Well, screw that, I am gonna write my own framework, with blackjack... and hookers!!!
              I just don't get how a man can hate woman, not -a- woman, but all woman......

And you probably don't understand or even agree that you fall into a masculine gender far outside normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocifer View Post
                Because saying "I hate niggas" or "f*ck off you homo" or "all Jews should die" does not (or at least should not) count as a valid political opinion in our civilized world. Period.
                Can you cite ONE example of this from any opensource mailing list?

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

I just don't get how a man can hate woman, not -a- woman, but all woman......

And you probably don't understand or even agree that you fall into a masculine gender far outside normal.
                  How you determined that I hate all womEn is a complete mystery. I actually happen to love women on daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

Really? Next time you have a wild party and the police get called on you, try telling the officers that.... Go ahead... It'll be funny.
                    Police can fine me for illegal activity. And you can call police on me, sure.

What you can not do, however, is establish "neighborhood CoC" without any kind of consent from people who live there, then establish commission for neighborhood CoC enforcement with 3 random people you've picked, then go around the neighborhood sabotaging the lives of citizens who you thought did something unpleasant, like smoking a cigarette to close to your property or accelerate to fast (so that the tires screech) with a car or bike.

Comment

Originally posted by IreMinMon View Post

Police can fine me for illegal activity. And you can call police on me, sure.

What you can not do, however, is establish "neighborhood CoC" without any kind of consent from people who live there, then establish commission for neighborhood CoC enforcement with 3 random people you've picked, then go around the neighborhood sabotaging the lives of citizens who you thought did something unpleasant, like smoking a cigarette to close to your property or accelerate to fast (so that the tires screech) with a car or bike.
                      Dude there are Neighbourhood Watch programs in affect in many places all over the world. And don't you know quite a many of them have little itty bitty old ladies with binoculars that feed on gossip.

Many towns and cities have ordinances that regulate public behaviour and then there are local, state and federal laws. Neighbourhood Watch programs, local ordinances and multiple levels of law are all examples of Codes of Conduct and it is the police that enforce them.

What you said is what you imagine, but what I just said is the real truth.

Comment

Working...
                      X