Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cRaZy-bisCuiT
    replied
    Michael BTW why don't we have some guidelines at Phoronix? People are allowed to be toxic and nobody stops them from doing so. They're hostile to people who think different, have social or so-called left intentions and use SJW as a bad word even though it should be considered a good thing. Why are they allowed to get along like that?

Long story short: The community is toxic at times. Especially when there's room for political point of views - but not limited to that.

Leave a comment:

• rchar01
    replied
    Originally posted by kpedersen View Post
    I might actually disagree with Stallman on this one. A lack of diversity is a real problem. No, not stupid shite like gender or skin color but diversity of thought.

1) Having a group of people with a sole focus on performance gives a fast but extremely insecure product.
    2) Having a group of people with the sole focus on security gives a secure but featureless product.

No-one cares if you have a penis or not haha.
    quoting RMS message (https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/i...sg00001.html):

"
    2. I disagree with making "diversity" a goal. If the developers in a
    specific free software project do not include demographic D, I don't
    think that the lack of them as a problem that requires action; there
    is no need to scramble desperately to recruit some Ds. Rather, the
    problem is that if we make demographic D feel unwelcome, we lose out
    on possible contributors. And very likely also others that are not in
    demographic D.
    There is a kind of diversity that would benefit many free software
    projects: diversity of users in regard to skill levels and kinds of
    usage. However, that is not what people usually mean by "diversity".
    "

Leave a comment:

• mlau
    replied
    Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post
    * Establish that the project is a meritocracy
    * Establish that project members are required to take the least offense
    The SJW weak points Their work has no merit, and when being told so, they throw tantrums like babies.

Leave a comment:

• mlau
    replied
    Originally posted by bison View Post

It seems a little verbose for a project who's motto is "Small. Fast. Reliable." They could probably shorten it to just the first two points without any significant loss of meaning.
    St. Benedict (and his successors) probably had to make amendments after certain clever monks found loopholes/lost their faith/. i.e. after this CoC collided with reality

Leave a comment:

• cynical
    replied
    Originally posted by lunarcloud View Post

Ew. Bringing religion into software is gross.
    So you're against CoCs in general?

Leave a comment:

• rockola
    replied
    Originally posted by Naib View Post
    Anyone ever asked about the compilers opinion on how it feels being given buggy code?
    That's what "-Wall" is for.

One of the MPW C compiler's error messages was "Too many errors on one line (make fewer)."

Leave a comment:

• geearf
    replied
    This actually seems like a really good and sensible document, unlike the CoC garbage.
    Thank you rms!

Leave a comment:

• dkasak
    replied
    Alt-right incels accusing others of acting due to ideology. hehe ...

Leave a comment:

• Paradox Ethereal
    replied
    A few pseudoreligious lines will not help. You need to understand that he leans on the Bible. The Quran is a perfected bible. That is a whole a coherent philosophy. And monotheistm really on a larger scale, solves facism.

Peace,
    Fair Pay OS Man ( https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR3...S5A702wo4bol_Q )

Leave a comment:

• rabcor
    replied
    I don't think guidelines like these are required in the first place, but at the same time, I can't find myself disapproving with them the way I disapprove of the code of conduct. This is an innocent ideological document, whereas the coc is an oppressive ideological document. Even if they more or less follow the same ideologies, it's HOW they follow them that changes everything.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X