Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Linux Code of Conduct Revisions: CoC Committee Added Plus Interpretation & Mediator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by Shevchen View Post
    The current layout of the CoC is trying to break equality, not to enable it.

Dead people as a result of a technical failure are not a thing I want to support. You don't know how many lives have been saved by proper code review, you can only count it the other way around: How many people have died because of technical failures.

If you perform a surgery and the machine supporting you with oxygen is crashing, you die. I remember a recent article, where the deep sleep of a patient had to be extended because the PC needed for the surgery had the urge to perform a "Windows update". A prolonged narcosis can be life-threatening for people with a weaker body strength.

I'll ask you this: Would you mind having a surgery that is heavily dependent on machinery that is prone to failure?

Maybe you aren't, but for me its certainly relevant.

And exactly that is under the attack by those SJWs. Thats its not about your code, but about yourself.

Why are you getting personal?

Maybe I should clear something up for you: I have never contributed any code nor will I, as I'm simply not a coder. The only code I ever produced were brute force scripts codehd in Matlab to design prototypes of algorithms. They had zero sanity checks, zero declarations, zero error handling, nothing. They took an input, calcultated it on the worst and slowest way possible and gave me a result that was either correct or wrong, so I could say my algorithm worked correctly or not.

I'm not fit to produce good code. What I am fit of is critical and logical thinking - and thats enough to see that this CoC is bullshit. I'm tankful for every contributor who commits code I use. I wouldn't be as happy if my system would crash every minute for reasons unknown.

Until an SJW arrives and forces them to withdraw their new ideas cause they are "offensive". Nobody expects the inquisition, right?
    So every analogy you gave here is an example of "SJW's" preventing coders from getting their code upstream..... And um, I'm pretty certain the CoC is going to make certain that, that type of scenario doesn't happen. First of all you are stereotyping some group of people as SJW, most of whom or even all of whom, are totally unaffiliated with the actual group that call themselves that. And that makes this entire stance founded on a prejudice of yours.

You can be prejudiced if you want and you can stereotype people amyway you want, but don't you see that's what makes you wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Shevchen
    replied
    Originally posted by duby229 View Post

So wow, I'm not sure how to interpret this. I mean it really seems like you are trying to say that enforcing a single standard of equality
    The current layout of the CoC is trying to break equality, not to enable it.

would cause some really bad dystopia.....
    Dead people as a result of a technical failure are not a thing I want to support. You don't know how many lives have been saved by proper code review, you can only count it the other way around: How many people have died because of technical failures.

If you perform a surgery and the machine supporting you with oxygen is crashing, you die. I remember a recent article, where the deep sleep of a patient had to be extended because the PC needed for the surgery had the urge to perform a "Windows update". A prolonged narcosis can be life-threatening for people with a weaker body strength.

I'll ask you this: Would you mind having a surgery that is heavily dependent on machinery that is prone to failure?

We aren't talking about technicalities of code.
    Maybe you aren't, but for me its certainly relevant.

We are talking about making certain that everyone that can contribute has the opportunity to contribute.
    And exactly that is under the attack by those SJWs. Thats its not about your code, but about yourself.

Perhaps some of that code would be proven inferior to your own code, but certainly not even you could claim that -every- other persons code is worse than your own code.
    Why are you getting personal?

Maybe I should clear something up for you: I have never contributed any code nor will I, as I'm simply not a coder. The only code I ever produced were brute force scripts coded in Matlab to design prototypes of algorithms. They had zero sanity checks, zero declarations, zero error handling, nothing. They took an input, calcultated it on the worst and slowest way possible and gave me a result that was either correct or wrong, so I could say my algorithm worked correctly or not.

I'm not fit to produce good code. What I am fit of is critical and logical thinking - and thats enough to see that this CoC is bullshit. I'm tankful for every contributor who commits code I use. I wouldn't be as happy if my system would crash every minute for reasons unknown.

I don't see any kind of dystopia as even being remotely possible. In fact I see a whole lot of new people coming in and bringing with them new thoughts and new idea's.
    Until an SJW arrives and forces them to withdraw their new ideas cause they are "offensive". Nobody expects the inquisition, right?

Leave a comment:

• Sheshbazzar
    replied

My IQ was 145 last I checked, but you wouldn't know that anyway. The "reality" is you can shove your superiority complex right the fuck up your ass. All people are exactly due equal rights. Period. You can blame your own damn self and people just like you for existing inequalities in this world. The only options are to let people like you enforce you own kind of superiority complex or allow a CoC to enforce a standard of equality.
    Hey smarty pants, it turns out that their "CoC" demands its own abolition. To begin with, the "CoC" itself doesn't escape its scope, for according to the same "CoC":

This Code of Conduct applies both within project spaces and in public spaces when an individual is representing the project or its community. Examples of representing a project or community include using an official project e-mail, ...
    The "CoC", being spread in public spaces as, ostensibly, a "representation" of, among others, the Linux developer community, is subjected to itself. Indeed, said "representation" uses an official project e-mail:

Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the Technical Advisory Board (TAB) at <[email protected]>.
    As per the above statute, harassment is deemed not aligned to the "CoC", neither is any threat:

Maintainers have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
    But it so happens that
    Maintainers who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith **may face temporary or permanent repercussions** as determined by other members of the project’s leadership
    is a blatant threat of harassment. Of course the "CoC" itself is a threat if it is a law at all.

Hence this "CoC" transgresses this "CoC". If it is not de jure destroyed by itself (the "CoC" compels the "maintainers" to permaban themselves, taking said "CoC" with them) then it is weak, laxity obtains and nobody need pay attention to it, de facto destroying it, which is the better case, as nobody has hitherto pointed out this obvious loophole. On the other hand, this silence could betray a real blindness or "rigorous" discharge on the repressive apparatus' part (clearly offensive hence not rigorous in avoiding a contradiction with the "CoC"), which may reflect pretty badly on the Linux kernel's code quality, architecture, *merit*...

Somebody tell this to the Linux developers, who aren't that wise it would appear.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by BeardedGNUFreak View Post
    dungeon
    duby229

Shut the fuck up you couple of retards.
    This after the worst display of hatred and desire for inequality in this whole fucking thread.... Pot meet Kettle....

Leave a comment:

• BeardedGNUFreak
    replied
    dungeon
    duby229

Shut the fuck up you couple of retards.

Leave a comment:

• BeardedGNUFreak
    replied
    Now that a backlash arises from a community that is capable of critical thinking, the SJW-side tries to sugar coat the new revision in dull and meaningless merry-go-round ways.

Code:
    Enforcement of the code of conduct will only be a last resort option.
    Who defines that? By what definition is that "last resort" based upon?
    Its still subjective which means "someone" can just enforce everything by just simply saying its the last resort option, as no way of handling all the things before that "last resort" have been defined. This sentence makes the whole CoC vulnerable.

Next logical point: Code quality is independent from the one who committed the code. If my cat stumbles upon my keyboard and by some sort of magic that code is good enough to be accepted, then it should be accepted. It doesn't matter who writes the code. The only thing that counts is the code itself and a proper... "quality control" of it.

The only difference to a scientific paper review is, that the author is known to the reviewer. And this is where the SJWs step in. They say that this may cause a bias and as they claim to have the moral-high-ground, they also claim to have the solution by declaring everyone racists or whatever term is hot on the street right now - so by paraphrasing protected groups their (unscientific and logic-free) world-view shall be a salvation for all contributors.

Either same rights for everyone or forget it completely. No special privileges for minorities because they are minorities. This has nothing to do with code quality and will never have. And while education might help to write proper code, its not the responsibility of code-reviewers to teach. They can help if they want, but thats entirely to them.

Code:
    The Code of Conduct Committee reviews the cases according to the processes (see above) and consults with the TAB as needed and appropriate, for instance to request and receive information about the kernel community.
    Meaning: The ability to doxx. Good job! What if I just post code under an alias and thats all I'm willing to expose of myself? Do I have to fill out a form about what and who I am so this commitee can review my "special status"? Like if I'm a transgener, black, 5 legged, one-armed spider-human hybrid jew that is sensitive to sunlight and is sexually interested in ingrain wallpaper? Will this give me a special status so my terrible code quality will still be pushed through because I'm "x"? And if I get objective critique, can I then under the the CoC declare any code-reviewer as anti-human-spider-hybrid and get them hanged by the will of the great SJW?

Throw that BS out - the whole damn thing is useless unless some logic is pumped into it.
    Yes.

The end goal for this SJW attack on Linux is:

* A weaponized CoC that is vague enough to be used as an excuse to attack anyone
    * Secret backchannel star chambers were the real ideological monitoring takes place
    * Ideological enemies lists are created and shared in the SJW backchannels
    * All online presence of all project members are monitored for wrongthink
    * SJW ideological enemies are targeted for expulsion
    * The Progressive Stack is either explicitly or secretly adopted by the project that allows selective enforcement depending on where a member ranks on the victimhood hierarchy.
    * The SJW ideological thought police are official and salaried positions in the project.

In other words, the entire project is effectively allow SJWs to sit at home doing what they do now - monitor people for wrongthink but to actually have power to attack their targets and ideally get paid to do so.

Thankfully there are now enough SJW attacks and takeovers in projects like node, Opal, etc. to point to for examples of what happens when project roll over let their project be hijacked. Unfortunately there are obviously a huge number of dimwitted Whiteknights in the Linux community who all have the retarded belief they are 'sticking it to teh alt-right' or believe that because they are virtue signalling so hard in support of 'vulnerable people' that the SJW mobs will never come for them.

Leave a comment:

• AJenbo
    replied

As soon as you said "left", right there that's when you lost credit.In fact in some places of this world, what -you- would call left -they- would call right. Do you really want to know the truth? Even in the US where they have the most "right" leaning party in the world called republicans, the replublican party was actually founded as a secular left wing party. The republicans have been secular from dy one and still are. The real truth is that in todays world -NO- political party is actually "right wing". ALL of them are secular.

EDIT: We don't need anymore fucking inquisitions, it's way past due to let that right wing left wing shit go permanently and finally accept that we all exactly equal human beings.
    ... I'm not from the US, in fact I'm from one of those places in the world that are considered left of the US Democratic parties. The reason I mentioned left/right is that I was replying to Naib, who mentioned "the left" as a counter argument to my original post. I also though it was clear that I don't really adhere to a left-right view of the world by mentioning up/down which isn't considered a political axis. So the only way I can really make sens of your reply is if it was meant for someone else's post?

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Yup, I have a handgun too. .
    Ha, ha, so, you talking to me about superiorty complex

You should learn a tiny bit before you put your foot back in your mouth.
    No one talks like this, ha, ha

but every single person has the right to defend themselves
    So, you are promoting World equality today in a Wild West style?
    Last edited by dungeon; 21 October 2018, 02:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• duby229
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post

I can help you

So, duby229 still wanna, blah, blah, about equality
    Yup, I have a handgun too. I don't ever want to use it, I'm not as well trained as I would like to be. But the problem is not handguns and it never was, the problem is assault rifles. You should learn a tiny bit before you put your foot back in your mouth. No civilian should be armed like a militant, but every single person has the right to defend themselves. If your country doesn't give you the right to defend yourself then you are a citizen of your nation and you can do something about that. If not then you always have the option to move.

EDIT: And if you don't like that then you can stand by and wave while every other reasonable person leaves past you....

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    This forum seems under total surveillance... messages goes as unapproved as soon as i try to put something interesting Lets try like this:

For an US-citizen, this might sound insane (you are free to travel and free to meet, so why should a group forming somewhere suddenly be an issue, right?), while for me as a german it sounds insane to allow civilians to carry guns - aside from special trained personnel like a police officer.
    U.S. civilians alone account for 393 million (about 46 percent) of the worldwide total of civilian held firearms

Meanwhile scuby duby still dubbing dub bout equality utopia

duby229 7.7 billion, 330 milion...summa summarum for your world equality U.S. needs to take that down to about 11 times less values
    Last edited by dungeon; 21 October 2018, 01:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X