Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Linux Code of Conduct Revisions: CoC Committee Added Plus Interpretation & Mediator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
    All people are exactly due equal rights. Period.
    Who have equal rights on what? There is none who have equal rights on everything.

People are not equal at all, story about that is just pure ideologised

EDIT: We don't need anymore fucking inquisitions, it's way past due to let that right wing left wing shit go permanently and finally accept that we all exactly equal human beings.
    You have modern and legal inquisitions, these are just renamed or like to dress differently Do you have plan to ban these to?
    Last edited by dungeon; 21 October 2018, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Who have equal rights on what? There is none who have equal rights on everything.

People are not equal at all, story about that is just pure ideologised
      And now I have to repeat myself.....

Equality is -NOT- an opinion. It -IS- a FACT. You think that it's OK that other people in this world don't get the equality they truly deserve because somehow they are lesser than you. YOU -ARE- WRONG....

Comment

Equality is -NOT- an opinion. It -IS- a FACT.
        Where that fact could be found and to be proved?

You think that it's OK that other people in this world don't get the equality they truly deserve because somehow they are lesser than you. YOU -ARE- WRONG....
        I think that equality is just utopic ideology, you can of course marketise it as much as you want, and of course you can strive to help people, but in reality it will never happen.
        Last edited by dungeon; 21 October 2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Where that fact could be found and to be proved?

I think that equality is just utopic ideology, you can of course marketise it as much as you want, but in reality it will never happen.
          Oh believe me, karma is a real bitch and freedom fighters will always have the might of right. You and people like you may think you can hold down the population of the whole world, but that's a long path full of evil and wrong.

Comment

Oh believe me...
            Why should I?

...karma...
            I don't believe in karma, i am not hindu

People are not equal, forget about it
            Last edited by dungeon; 21 October 2018, 11:59 AM.

Comment

@dubby229 - People sadly don't have equal rights. If you compare people from china with people from the U.S. from people from the EU, you may see a vast amount of different rights. While the "western societies" share a more or less common liberal value-system (like free speech, freedom of press, freedom to travel etc), there are bigger differences in what follows in the details, like the rights to assemble. In germany for example, you cannot assemble in bigger groups without having a formal letter being signed by the city where you want to assemble - esp. in public places. For an US-citizen, this might sound insane (you are free to travel and free to meet, so why should a group forming somewhere suddenly be an issue, right?), while for me as a german it sounds insane to allow civilians to carry guns - aside from special trained personnel like a police officer.

You might see where this is going: Some countries developed their ethics and law-standards from a different perspective than others. This also means, that the perception of something being "offensive" changes from country to country, from state to state and from human to human. The CoC is something that shall apply to every human on this planet, so it has to be somewhat broad, otherwise you will exclude a lot of people from developing countries that are just by law forbidden to participate in an open environment.

In the end, its only the code that matters and that people who want to contribute are able to do so - but there is no argument to allow bad code quality to be included into the kernel - which is highly sensitive to our global infrastructure. Imagine a hospital uses a Linux server to distribute information on the patients to the doctors and suddenly the whole thing crashes because someone thought its a good idea to commit unstable code. Now peoples lives are at risk - because someone thought its a good idea to give the "bad code a chance, cause its coming from someone who just learns the first babysteps in coding and doesn't want to discourage that person".

Crashing airplanes, power outages, dying patients in a hospital, traffic control going insane causing deaths on the street - on a global state. This isn't a school project made in a backyard garage, its the most used OS on this planet (device-wise). Will that code-reviewer who let bad code pass take responsibility for the after-effects? Will he/she point to the CoC and does the committee take responsibility then? Will anyone? (Hint: No, because nobody forces you do use Linux. But nobody forces you to live in a highly advanced society either,) And for what? To save the feelings of someone who committed bad code? What about the feelings of the people who have to suffer under it?

This CoC opens the doors for bad code by protecting the people who wrote - and as I said, code should be independent from the person (or machine, hello Google) who wrote it. If someones code is rejected due to poor quality, there shall be no - absolutely no - way to retaliate aside from improving the code quality itself.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                Phoronix: New Linux Code of Conduct Revisions: CoC Committee Added Plus Interpretation & Mediator

The Linux Code of Conduct introduced last month that ended up being quite contentious will see some revisions just ahead of the Linux 4.19 stable kernel release. Greg Kroah-Hartman has outlined the planned changes as well as a new Code of Conduct Interpretation document...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...reg-KH-Revised
                I see Linus having perfect "political cover" in this entire mess if it blows up sometime in the future.

He can claim it all happened on the watch of Greg_KH...

...and then justify forking the entire Linux kernel to something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Shevchen View Post
                  @dubby229 - People sadly don't have equal rights. If you compare people from china with people from the U.S. from people from the EU, you may see a vast amount of different rights. While the "western societies" share a more or less common liberal value-system (like free speech, freedom of press, freedom to travel etc), there are bigger differences in what follows in the details, like the rights to assemble. In germany for example, you cannot assemble in bigger groups without having a formal letter being signed by the city where you want to assemble - esp. in public places. For an US-citizen, this might sound insane (you are free to travel and free to meet, so why should a group forming somewhere suddenly be an issue, right?), while for me as a german it sounds insane to allow civilians to carry guns - aside from special trained personnel like a police officer.

You might see where this is going: Some countries developed their ethics and law-standards from a different perspective than others. This also means, that the perception of something being "offensive" changes from country to country, from state to state and from human to human. The CoC is something that shall apply to every human on this planet, so it has to be somewhat broad, otherwise you will exclude a lot of people from developing countries that are just by law forbidden to participate in an open environment.

In the end, its only the code that matters and that people who want to contribute are able to do so - but there is no argument to allow bad code quality to be included into the kernel - which is highly sensitive to our global infrastructure. Imagine a hospital uses a Linux server to distribute information on the patients to the doctors and suddenly the whole thing crashes because someone thought its a good idea to commit unstable code. Now peoples lives are at risk - because someone thought its a good idea to give the "bad code a chance, cause its coming from someone who just learns the first babysteps in coding and doesn't want to discourage that person".

Crashing airplanes, power outages, dying patients in a hospital, traffic control going insane causing deaths on the street - on a global state. This isn't a school project made in a backyard garage, its the most used OS on this planet (device-wise). Will that code-reviewer who let bad code pass take responsibility for the after-effects? Will he/she point to the CoC and does the committee take responsibility then? Will anyone? (Hint: No, because nobody forces you do use Linux. But nobody forces you to live in a highly advanced society either,) And for what? To save the feelings of someone who committed bad code? What about the feelings of the people who have to suffer under it?

This CoC opens the doors for bad code by protecting the people who wrote - and as I said, code should be independent from the person (or machine, hello Google) who wrote it. If someones code is rejected due to poor quality, there shall be no - absolutely no - way to retaliate aside from improving the code quality itself.
                  So wow, I'm not sure how to interpret this. I mean it really seems like you are trying to say that enforcing a single standard of equality would cause some really bad dystopia..... I couldn't possibly disagree any more than I do....

EDIT: We aren't talking about technicalities of code. We are talking about making certain that everyone that can contribute has the opportunity to contribute. Perhaps some of that code would be proven inferior to your own code, but certainly not even you could claim that -every- other persons code is worse than your own code. I don't see any kind of dystopia as even being remotely possible. In fact I see a whole lot of new people coming in and bringing with them new thoughts and new idea's.
                  Last edited by duby229; 21 October 2018, 12:56 PM.

Comment

The ignore list of this forum has still not been fixed...

Comment

So wow, I'm not sure how to interpret this.
                      I can help you

while for me as a german it sounds insane to allow civilians to carry guns - aside from special trained personnel like a police officer.
                      In 2018, Small Arms Survey reported that there are over one billion small arms distributed globally, of which 857 million (about 85 percent) are in civilian hands.[1][2] U.S. civilians alone account for 393 million (about 46 percent) of the worldwide total of civilian held firearms.[3] This amounts to "120.5 firearms for every 100 residents

So, duby229 still wanna, blah, blah, about equality

Comment

Working...
                      X