Another Change Proposed For Linux's Code of Conduct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    I have to think that clearly stating the rules apply only to the mailing list (or infrastructure performing a similar purpose) would help limit the "I demand you be kicked out of the kernel project because I find your personal beliefs offensive" effect of a too-broad CoC.

It would probably need to include conditions preventing you from (for example) shaming or insulting a kernel developer on another medium about something they posted on the mailing list but nothing broader than that.
    Agreed, as long as you keep other stuff unrelated to the mailing list, it should be fine.

I guess you should still be allowed to criticize Linux (or whatever other project) itself, though, if you disagree with something heavily. (but not the people on the mailing list, obviously)

Comment

Originally posted by johanb View Post
      A community can still be toxic even though they internally are nice to each other.

For example: Ku Klux Klan
      "Toxic" is such a subjective and stupid word and it pissese me off when someone uses it as argument in general. /rant

Originally posted by johanb View Post
      The code of conduct is about avoiding discrimination, reluctance based on concrete criticism is still allowed.
      You're missing the point here. The fact is that SJW minorities will always find a way to blame something that happens to them on discrimination.

Someone already linked the GNU FSF vs libreboot case from 2016 earlier, so read that for an example. If you fire a "discriminated minority", they will claim it's due to discrimination. You cannot treat them equally, because ANYTHING NEGATIVE that happens to them they take it as discrimination.

Note how GNU/FSF made a statement that what she said was false -- NEITHER of them provided proof. And yet some people still side with her, and even demand proof from the FSF when she's the one who has burden of proof because she's the one who started the whole thing and made the claims in the first place.

It is mind boggling how retarded SJWs are. They don't want proof for discrimination, it's same with women. If a woman claims you raped her, a feminazi will 100% believe her and will demand proof from YOU of your innocence rather than the other way around.

I'm not even kidding nor exaggerating.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel View Post
        You're missing the point here. The fact is that SJW minorities will always find a way to blame something that happens to them on discrimination.

Someone already linked the GNU FSF vs libreboot case from 2016 earlier, so read that for an example. If you fire a "discriminated minority", they will claim it's due to discrimination. You cannot treat them equally, because ANYTHING NEGATIVE that happens to them they take it as discrimination.

Note how GNU/FSF made a statement that what she said was false -- NEITHER of them provided proof. And yet some people still side with her, and even demand proof from the FSF when she's the one who has burden of proof because she's the one who started the whole thing and made the claims in the first place.

It is mind boggling how retarded SJWs are. They don't want proof for discrimination, it's same with women. If a woman claims you raped her, a feminazi will 100% believe her and will demand proof from YOU of your innocence rather than the other way around.

I'm not even kidding nor exaggerating.
        Am I missing the point?

The issue with the libreboot project was not that they had a CoC, but that their project leader was a crazy SJW.
        As long as the Linux project doesn't have any leaders who baselessly ban people from the community without any proof or witnesses, having a CoC is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by discordian View Post
          I get why big companies like them...
          Microsoft love Linux.

,I don't get it why communities need them.
          Microsoft love Linux.

Comment

As soon as i say MS, i got unapproved ha, ha, gotcha

Lets try this... Gold Diggers love Bisons & Indians
            Last edited by dungeon; 16 October 2018, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Gotcha again with animals on the other side

Comment

I get why big companies like them, I don't get it why communities need them.
                Because companies see people from the other side as animals by default

So, here is the CoC or this or that license... here company ask you to prove that you are not an animal

From entirely opposite side of the spectre we have people who says "Why should i prove anything, as you marked me as animal? Of course that i am an animal - adorable GNU

These who promote here harassment-free for everybody, are actually biggest harassers - these who change hats as they speak You know, with this hat this is like this. But when i put another hat on, that same thing become entirely something else
                Last edited by dungeon; 16 October 2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leiptrstormr View Post
                  How about "Don't discuss anything off topic" and leave it at that?
                  Exactly right.

Writing a complicated complex CoC means trouble, room for interpretation, and discussions about CoC rather that focusing on the code.

How about:

"Don't discuss anything off topic."

"Stick to discussing the code that has been submitted."

"Expect contributed code to be analyzed and criticized."

"Don't take code criticism personally. The work is about the code and only about the code."

"At the end of the day we should all be focused on turning out the best possible code that we can create."

"People use our code because it's good code that get's the job done, not because they agree our personal views."

"Separate the art & science of writing code from challenges of living your life. You will be much much happier if you do."

When rules of behavior are kept simple like writing clear clean concise code, there are fewer things that can go wrong.

With a simple CoC, more people will understand it. More people will be able to fix it. It might translate better into a broader range of languages when the proposed CoC is not linked to linguistical contexts that may have no comparison in other langauges.

Comment

Use facts instead of opinions?

That's something I can get behind, the sjws don't deal in facts, they are in fact so terribly bad with dealing with facts that they deflect or outright refuse to respond to fact and/or logic.

These changes are quite reasonable, if I'm not wrong he mostly removed ambiguous statements and replaced them with clearly defined ones, which is quite important. He also cleaned up some lengthy weird lines as well.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                      These changes are quite reasonable...
                      Nope, these are reasonable for companies only, but for people these are not

As by this companies ask people to prove how they are not an animals That was very clear to me from where wind blows, esspecially as they were explicitly putting nearly every possible humanoid variant in the CoC

That is what they do, they marks everbody besides elite as an animal and then they ask you to prove how you are not How is this reasonable, but not large disrespect?

Shit, it's the 21st century, and its still necessary to write complicated text instead of saying "be nice to each other"?
                      Well, it is 21st century but companies are still incapable of running businesses without good old divide and conquer technology

History just repeats itself, so people shouldn't believe them as they didn't moved one bit

Last edited by dungeon; 17 October 2018, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X